MVC-024S.JPGMVC-025S.JPGMVC-026S.JPGMVC-028S.JPG

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Re: 9999 gold bracelet maker? thanks

@flipping_treasures wrote:

@old.crows.nest wrote:

@flipping_treasures wrote:

Hopefully the OP will provide you with what you want and would need to make you comfortable with the item being what they are claiming it is.  And then they will know what it is they have to show others for them to present this item for sale as a 24kt bracelet.  That could really be helpful for them, don't you think?

Sandy, I have no thoughts on the matter as I do not understand why you are so convinced my sole purpose in posting my observations is to validate the OPs expectations? I am no more responsible for how they would use my comments as a means to an end than you or anyone else does. 

OCN, maybe because this is what you said

"I would really like to see a close up of a side view of the link that would prove it is solid or not. If it turns out it is solid I would like to see if that impressed area shows a Hallmark or not. If they are Hallmarks then they might be more useful than the marks on the clasp. I would also like to see the white metal tested."

Sounded to me like you were wanting more specific information, which I figured the OP would be more than happy to provide you.  By providing the things you asked for, I would think it would put some doubting minds more at ease and therefore would provide the OP with a better direction when they go to sell the bracelet.   But if you don't want the information you asked for, I don't care.  Like I said, this thread reminds me of the old days.  Thank you for the memories .... I think.

Did this person sell this item.  Admin may want to think about a delete. scripts are obvious...

Message 61 of 63
latest reply

Sorry to be so disagreeable, but I still don't understand the OP"s reluctance to have this piece tested by a jeweler who knows what they are doing.  While some people here have "changed their minds" that it "might be" as a buyer I would run like the dickens away from this sale.  If the OP doesn't want to have it tested, then I'd love to see the results of any auction listing for this bracelet, because I believe most buyers will not bid.

Wiht a 22/24kt gold bracelet that is real, it would be well worth the 75.00 - 150.00 it would cost to authenticate it.  And it would surely help the sale by hacving a jeweler's documentation to back the OP's opinion.  Just saying...I stand with my original opinion in htat it is not gold, gold plated yes, not 22/24kt gold.

Message 62 of 63
latest reply

@mimiwells wrote:

Sorry to be so disagreeable, but I still don't understand the OP"s reluctance to have this piece tested by a jeweler who knows what they are doing.  While some people here have "changed their minds" that it "might be" as a buyer I would run like the dickens away from this sale.  If the OP doesn't want to have it tested, then I'd love to see the results of any auction listing for this bracelet, because I believe most buyers will not bid.

Wiht a 22/24kt gold bracelet that is real, it would be well worth the 75.00 - 150.00 it would cost to authenticate it.  And it would surely help the sale by hacving a jeweler's documentation to back the OP's opinion.  Just saying...I stand with my original opinion in htat it is not gold, gold plated yes, not 22/24kt gold.

They probably just sold to a refiner(scrapped). I doubt anyone would have paid 10% above melt if they listed it. 

Message 63 of 63
latest reply