cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 costume bracelets

The silver bracelet is heavy and chunky, no precious metal, seems to have a lot of work in it, and is maybe imitating Mexican sterling bracelets. Any ideas about age and origin appreciated. No marks on it.

The gold bracelet appears contemporary, no precious metal, 2 little glass cabochons on the ends of the toggle bar, has a good weight, and a mark I can't make out. Any ideas about the mark?

Thanks!zz1.JPGzz2.JPGzz2a.JPGzz3.JPGzz4.JPGzz4a.JPG

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

2 costume bracelets

Waaay off base.. but I see bracelets very much like yours   by Elizabeth Locke  at  Neiman Marcus.   The real stuff I think..

but hey..I can dream for others too!  LOL 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

2 costume bracelets

It does have that kind of look, but it's definitely costume.  I did a search for Elizabeth Locke and sorted from lowest to highest, and it is clear, she does not do costume jewelry!  I was hoping the mark was from some known contemporary designer.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

2 costume bracelets

Yeah..I know.  Doesn`t hurt to hope tho! 

LOL  I`ve tried & tried to make  the mark out but can`t. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

2 costume bracelets

I think the mark reads Julie, but the tops of the letters are missing. I looked up designers named Julie and found Julie Vos. Her Catalina Link bracelet looks a lot like yours.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

2 costume bracelets

Excellent suggestion, thank you!

I looked through Julie Vos jewelry and most of the marks I saw were quite different.  I did however see a few that were just the one name Julie in script, but the one bracelet I saw like that was marked on the toggle bar, not the round link.   So, I think it could be Julie Vos, but not sure enough to sell it as such.  I'll keep looking.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

2 costume bracelets

Can you try doing a light pencil rub over tissue paper?? 

Sometimes that can help....worth a shot anyway

I`ve been trying to determine if the smallish circular end  mark is a copyright mar & not a letter

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

2 costume bracelets

If you do a search for     Julie Vos 24k Gold Plate 6 Stone Toggle bracelet      you can see a Julie in script mark on the toggle bar that looks like it could be the same as my mark with the top lopped off.

The big loop on the left is the bottom of the J and the little loop on the right I think is the tail of the e.

I've had several pieces of Julie Vos and this does have that look and feel, but a sloppy mark on a high end brand gives me pause.  It could just be a knock off.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

2 costume bracelets

So weird.  I got these earrings today just because they were nice and also cheap.  When I got home I saw the mark and wondered what it was, did some searches for SV, and then I thought maybe JV, and then I thought could be Julie Vos, looks like her stuff, and I think I have actually had Julie Vos studded bangles like these earrings.   yep, they are Julie Vos.  I would never in a million years associated this mark with Julie Vos without having this thread going.

jv.JPGjv1.JPG

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

2 costume bracelets

Found this.

Julie Vos Trademarks 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

2 costume bracelets

Thanks OCN.  

Message 11 of 11
latest reply