cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identifying older doll

This is my grandmother's doll, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how old she is. She has an all bisque(?) body, five points of articulation, and an A 9 stamped on her neck. Her face looks like it might have been painted on by a previous owner, or someone inexperienced. The dress is handmade, but her shoes aren't, and are simple mary janes with burgundy bows. She's also missing her pinky on her right hand, but it looks like it's a manufacturing error rather than a later break. Under the wig was a rounded cap stiffened by glue, and under that, the head is hollow, with a wooden plug with a metal loop making up the neck joint.

If anyone has any idea where she came from, please let me know!! Thank you!
Mystery doll3.jpgMystery doll4.jpgMystery doll5.jpgMystery doll6.jpgMystery doll2.jpgMystery doll1.jpg

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Help identifying older doll

The doll appears to have been entirely made by someone, perhaps in the 1980s-1990s. It was popular during that decade to take a class at a doll making business that provided the greenware, molds, kiln, paints, etc. to make a doll as a craft/project (for a fee). There were several here in SLC where I live but they have all gone out of business. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply