cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticator not giving any information when rejecting

Hi All!

I've had three handbags in a row declined, and I'm getting no notes whatsoever when declined. Losing ad and shipping fees on each one... erk...

Is anyone getting inspectors notes any more, so as to improve the ad for next time? If so can you tell me where you're seeing the inspector's notes? Thanks!

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Authenticator not giving any information when rejecting

@galsmart wrote:

Yeah I know. I thought it was absolutely required but I called eBay yesterday and got it all changed. Thanks for noticing that and telling me! I also blocked anybody with less than 5 feedbacks!

I don't blame you for getting rid of the return policy sometimes you get "renters" when you have one but... Be careful; some buyers will claim INAD or even damage an item to get a return if they're dead set on it. Via the "authenticity guarantee" program no returns is honored after inspection but if it's not sold through the AG program some buyers will force the issue. 

I have no returns but the few times a buyer wanted to return an item, I honored it & even sent the label. I would rather get my item back to resell than have them damage it to force the issue. 

How exactly did you block buyers with less than 5 FB? I don't believe that's one of the buyer requirement options.  eBay would lose a lot of business if sellers could block zero/low FB buyers. We were all zero FB at one point. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 31 of 43
latest reply

Hey I did not think I could block below 5 either, but indeed it's there.

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/BuyerRequirements

Yes I know we were all zero at some point, but they can buy some $5 items and get some feedback. I have been the victim of ignorant (I mean that nicely) newbie buyers quite a bit lately.

As for the no returns, yes I know it may limit my sales a bit, and can be bypassed. But at least for non-GA items, it will make the buyers think before buying.

I had a very big clothing store here on eBay, and before free returns for clothing, my return rate was 4% - I had very good quality and very good ads. After free returns, 12% and up. I sold that business last year. Enough was enough!

😎

Message 32 of 43
latest reply

@galsmart 

It is only possible to block 0-5 feedback buyers from bidding on 1-10, 25,50, 75, or 100 items at the same time. 

There is no way to block a zero feedback buyer from bidding on your item. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 33 of 43
latest reply

Wheee!! Just got another returned with zero reason. "does not look authentic." I guess that's a reason, although very vague and really just an opinion.

I will no longer be selling anything in GA price range. Except for the few I've already bought and had authenticated elsewhere.

Message 34 of 43
latest reply

Get it authenticated by Legit Grails. Post a copy of the authentication on site along with the bag. Then resubmit. 

Message 35 of 43
latest reply

Speaking with eBay, it sounded almost like the authenticator is a 3rd party who does not even see the eBay ad. From the non-reasons I've gotten, that seems so. They only authenticate on their and the manufacturer's criteria. But I know other people have gotten actual criticisms, real notes of the issues.

For myself, I have never gotten anything other than "could not authenticate" or the one "does not look genuine." Thus my original post starting this thread.

I am just going to give up as soon as I can clear my high-priced inventory and then just sell stuff under GA limit.  This is ridiculous. 🙂

Message 36 of 43
latest reply

Holy crap another rejected, this one even included the store receipt.

I am going to buy one brand new from the store and send it in, I'll bet it gets rejected also.

Message 37 of 43
latest reply

@galsmart wrote:

Holy crap another rejected, this one even included the store receipt.

I am going to buy one brand new from the store and send it in, I'll bet it gets rejected also.

Are your items being rejected as counterfeit or is it because they don't think the item matches the listing, description and pictures? 

If you're looking for constructive criticism, I'd advise you practice getting clearer, better focused and more closeup pictures. Include more pictures of the important hallmarks that prove authenticity and areas of wear, soil, scuffs, etc.  

Ebay lets you upload up to 24 pictures. Take full advantage of that benefit!

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 38 of 43
latest reply

Hi Galsmart - I've had two purses removed for being "counterfeit," the ironic and angry part is that one I had already paid to have independently authenticated. There was no reason or explanation from eBay's "expert" and no recourse to appeal and no way of relisting. Ebay is judge, jury, and executioner of our listings. On the bright side, I sold that authenticated bag for even more money on Poshmark. If ebay can't even bother to explain why a posting is removed (I believe it just the competition/other sellers making accusations) there are other platforms available. I now aim my products at the particular platform that works best with the fewest issues.... that means less revenue for ebay, but that is THEIR choice. Hope this helped. 

Message 39 of 43
latest reply

Having the same problem and when I contacted them by email 3 times about why it was pulled never got a response!

Message 40 of 43
latest reply

Hi there!

Yes... smh. I have 2 listed now that Posh has authenticated... worried that they will also fail. 

Meanwhile I am in the middle of a 10-day suspension - ouch!

Actually you can relist on eBay, just create a totally new ad, new main picture. But... why?

Have a bonnie day!

Message 41 of 43
latest reply

I just had a Tiffany bracelet rejected with the very helpful feedback of “doesn’t seem authentic” which is hilarious because it was a graduation gift from my parents and I even know the store it came from. This authentication process is a complete joke. I’ve been selling on eBay since 2002 but I won’t be any more. If these are the items getting rejected by their so called “experts” I gotta think fakes are getting past them all the time. Sorry you’re dealing with this, too.

Message 42 of 43
latest reply

Typically, when an ad is declined on platforms like online marketplaces, there should be a notification or communication regarding the reason for the rejection. However, the specific process and information provided can vary depending on the platform you're using.

Message 43 of 43
latest reply