Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vintage red Coach Willis Handbag removed

not sure why   this handbag was removed   it is authentic

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: vintage red Coach Willis Handbag removed

Hi   I understand the first letter is for the month   other letter is for the plant    please comment or advise  thank you

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

@heyjudedogs wrote:

Hi   I understand the first letter is for the month   other letter is for the plant    please comment or advise  thank you

The bag is a Counterfeit.

Read the above posts.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

@heyjudedogs wrote:

The following are general "rules" but like nearly every Coach "rule," there are exceptions. Additionally, the "rules" apply to authentic items. 

On a bag that was made in 1994 or later, the first letter of the prefix indicates the month the bag was made, the middle one or 2 digits 9depending on the year made) indicate the year of manufacture and the last letter/number/numbers indicate the plant where made. 

The suffix of a 1994 or later bag generally indicates the style number of the bag. There can be letters before or after the style number and for some styles, there's a letter that is part of the style number. 

The mistake I believe you made is that you assumed that if a bag looks like the correct style, it must be authentic. Specifically, your fake bag has 9927 which is a Willis. But just because your bag has what seems to be the correct suffix/style, doesn't mean the bag is genuine. 

Your bag is fake because there's contradictory information on the creed text vs. the serial number. In this case, the creed states that the bag was made in the US yet the serial number indicates that the bag was made in Italy. 

An authentic bag will NEVER have contradictory text and serial numbers. 

I don't know how much studying you've done on Coach bags, but on authentic bags, there are different fonts, different creed designs, different wording on creeds, different hardware, and other details that all have to be taken into consideration when verifying authenticity of a bag. 

Everything has to be correct for when and where made and that can vary from style to style, year to year, plant to plant and country to country. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 18 of 18
latest reply