17 REPLIES 17

Re: vintage red Coach Willis Handbag removed

You'll need to post pics of the bag.

@albertabrightalberta 

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

@heyjudedogs 

No one can comment without pictures of the bag and all the parts necessary to prove authenticity. Post well focused pictures of the bag and creed with serial number and if more pictures are needed, we'll ask for them.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@heyjudedogs wrote:

not sure why   this handbag was removed   it is authentic

Hi @heyjudedogs 
Oh my gosh! It's been a crazy busy weekend and I'm just seeing this post! 

In fact, several days ago, I'd emailed you and requested a better picture of the creed because although I thought I could read it, I wanted to be sure of what I thought I was seeing. Once I received the picture, my weekend got too busy and I forgot about it until seeing this post. 

It sounds as though someone else was able to read the creed better than I was because I believe that bag was correctly removed. 

You say it was authentic. Did you have it authenticated somewhere else? 

If you'd agree, I can post the picture you sent me and perhaps @fashionclubgurl

@heyjudedogs - please either come back to post pictures or allow me to post the one picture you sent me. I suspect Fashionclubgurl will also want to see additional pictures. 

If your bag was incorrectly removed (that is, if it's found to be authentic), we can advise you on the steps to take for reinstatement of the listing but sadly, I don't think that's going to be the case. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@heyjudedogs wrote:

not sure why   this handbag was removed   it is authentic

Hi @heyjudedogs 
Oh my gosh! It's been a crazy busy weekend and I'm just seeing this post! 

In fact, several days ago, I'd emailed you and requested a better picture of the creed because although I thought I could read it, I wanted to be sure of what I thought I was seeing. Once I received the picture, my weekend got too busy and I forgot about it until seeing this post. 

It sounds as though someone else was able to read the creed better than I was because I believe that bag was correctly removed. 

You say it was authentic. Did you have it authenticated somewhere else? 

If you'd agree, I can post the picture you sent me and perhaps @fashionclubgurl

@heyjudedogs - please either come back to post pictures or allow me to post the one picture you sent me. I suspect Fashionclubgurl will also want to see additional pictures. 

If your bag was incorrectly removed (that is, if it's found to be authentic), we can advise you on the steps to take for reinstatement of the listing but sadly, I don't think that's going to be the case. 

Yup, Im at the tail end of a bad cold so have absolutely nothing planned for the next few days except socking down a lot of hot tea with lemon, catching a few episodes of BBCAmericas Doctor Who marathon and watching the Rose Parade, with a scattering of Well Deserved Naps mixed in.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Hi   I sent pictures earlier today    I will take with my home camera   I hope the pictures show better     I have check the zipper   it is ykk   the creed is a match    

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@heyjudedogs - While I'm sure I have an opinion on the authenticity of your bag, more pictures should be posted. You certainly don't want errors based on just one picture of the creed!

I do have couple of questions though.
1. Your OP states that "it is authentic." May I ask how you know?
2. You state: " I have check the zipper it is ykk." ---are you aware that zipper brand has absolutely no correlation with regard to authenticity? There are plenty of fake YKK zippers and there are several other brands of zippers that Coach uses and has used over the years.
3. You state: "the creed is a match." A match to what?!?!? I assume you mean that your bag appears to look like what 9927 (Willis) is supposed to look like. Are you aware that it's not difficult for the counterfeiters to put "correct" style numbers on their fakes?

Again, please post more pictures. Start with pics of the front of the bag as well as a picture of the back of the female (flap) part of the turnlock closure.

albertabrightalberta

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I only have old information, but isn’t “E” the plant code for a bag made in Italy?

Plus the creed wording is a mess.  

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@cheshire.cat43 wrote:

I only have old information, but isn’t “E” the plant code for a bag made in Italy?

Yes. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@heyjudedogs wrote:

Hi   I sent pictures earlier today    I will take with my home camera   I hope the pictures show better     I have check the zipper   it is ykk   the creed is a match    

Usually id want to see the rest of the purse but I really dont need to. Yup, the "E" plant code is for the Italy plant, not any US one. The serial number font was never used in any Coach Ive ever seen and Ive been authenticating for close to 15 years. And the serial number stamp is a mess.

And  YKK Zipper means absolutely NOTHING. Ive got over 60,000 photos in my files including zippers Coach has used in real purses and zippers found in fakes. Coach used at least 10 different brands and a few that just use emblems and not names, and I have dozens of photos of fake "Coaches" with zippers that say YKK, both real AND fake YKKs. In fact that lie about YKK zippers was punctured almost as long ago as Ive been authenticating. The stamp on a zipper doesnt prove a blessed thing.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I am learning about vintage Coach bags...but regardless of real or fake, the bag is lovely. I know it's painful to have one removed, happened to me on a bag my Mom gave me to sell for my daughter's college tuition. 

Chin up and onward.

Cath

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@heyjudedogs

I hope you don't mind a piece of unsolicited advice.

Unless you are expert in whatever type of item(s) you want to list, it's a good idea to verify authenticity of any item that you didn't PERSONALLY purchase directly from a legitimate and authorized retailer.

Thrift stores, consignment shops, yard sales and even other ebay and online sellers are great places to find bargains that you can flip for a profit but doing so without knowing what you're doing can be hazardous to your reputation and risk your ebay account.

There's a lot more to verifying authenticity than checking to see if a serial number matches the style of bag it's on.
albertabrightalberta

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@heyjudedogs wrote:

Just to expand on requests by the authenticators for "more photos"...

It depends on the style of purse, but photos needed for authentication usually, but not always, include pics of the front, back, and one side, sometimes the outside base, sometimes the strap or buckle hardware, and the back half of the turnlock (which BTW Id like to see on this Willis) - open the flap and take a photo of the oval plate that is attached to the back of the main turnlock plate with 4 prongs, the plate and prongs are what we ned to see.

If the purse has one of the larger round Magnetic Snaps, take a clear readable photo of the "male" half, it should have a circle of various stampings such as manufacturers name or logo, US patent number, and sometimes other details.

The name on the zipper means absolutely nothing so dont spend time trying to photograph it.

Finally, anyone who gets their information on how to prove a Coach is authentic from ANY online "authenticity guide" that claims having a YKK zipper proves a Coach is authentic, that information source is useless, completely wrong on a critical subject that has been proved false for over a decade, and should be ignored. The ONLY way to prove a Coach is authentic is if every detail, stamping, piece of hardware, etc, on the purse is exactly correct for a purse with:

the same style number (NOT the same style NAME)

made in the same plant

made in the same year

and made within a few months of a proven genuine purse

all of which require comparing the purse  being questioned to accurate photos of genuine purses, which most "amateur" authenticators dont have and cant be bothered or dont have the time or storage to find, verify and save.

There arent any shortcuts. Not doing it the correct way, or believing and basing opinions on some nonsense posted on the internet, or in some anonymous "guide" from 15 years ago, or someone asking "is this Coach geniune?" at Yahoo,  is worse than not doing it at all. Leave the authenticating to the experts. There are details we study and compare that most buyers and sellers cant even begin to comprehend.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply