cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about authentic Burberry nova check seams

I'm doing my research, but I need some expert help.  I've heard from many sources that the plaid is supposed to match up at the seams for authentic Burberry bags.  I assume that goes for the nova check as well as the classic check.  So what do y'all think of these two different bags?  Neither of them is mine; they are listings from another platform.  TIA!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Question about authentic Burberry nova check seams

So here is an example of a Nova Check print bag (this one was sold my Overstock, I had it on my pinterest board for reference)

https://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Burberry-Nova-Check-Tote-Bag/7252311/product.html

You can see that the check prints do not match up exactly on the sides. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

So here is an example of a Nova Check print bag (this one was sold my Overstock, I had it on my pinterest board for reference)

https://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Burberry-Nova-Check-Tote-Bag/7252311/product.html

You can see that the check prints do not match up exactly on the sides. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the response.  I get paranoid on Poshmark but I don't think I'm going back there.  Not for handbags, anyway.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I just started sellng bags on Poshmark. Much safer as a seller over there. There is risk as a buyer anywhere now a days though. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Be careful because their "authenticators" have deemed obvious fakes as authentic and vice versa. As such, buyers with fakes have had a terrible time getting refunds and sellers of authentic items have been suspended! 

On the other purse forum, there's been much discussion.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The 3 LV I sold there I sent to A4U before listing. I think that helps. On one of them I did have a buyer request a partial though. No thanks. The rest are low end stuff. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I don't sell luxury handbags; I only buy.  I just don't want to receive a fake and my only recourse be to talk to the person who sold me the fake in the first place.

I know eBay's not perfect, but the times I have had to call their customer service they've always been really helpful.

A lot of people seem to think Poshmark's fees are too high.  I take it you disagree?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I had a hard time with 20% at first but realized that it is worth every penny. They handle returns and customer service. For Ebays measuly 9+% all I had were 50% return rate and headaches. I know I sell authentic items and describe well so my return rate on other sites is super low. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply