cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procrastinating on Taxes (as usual)

Hi, I was hoping to get my paperwork in order today to get my taxes underway, but have, as always, hit a wall.  I SWEAR I have this information put away somewhere, but once again, I can't find it, ARGGGGH!

Could someone please tell me how to figure out:     1) what I've paid in eBay fees this year?      2)  What I've paid in PayPal fees this year?    and   3)  what I've paid in shipping costs this year?

I would be super appreciative and thank you in advance---your humble dodo, Beth  

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Procrastinating on Taxes (as usual)

Thanks!    Appreciate it---obviously need to get reorganized 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Haha, I feel like such a loser!  Looks like most everyone here already figured it out for themselves or use more sophisticated techniques than I do!

But still-----anyone know how to get the shipping fees broken out on PayPal?  I found the other totals (hooray!).     All I can see is that if you download each month's activities, you can add up each shipping fee.  Just hoping there's an easier way to get a total.

THANKS AGAIN in advance-----Beth  🙂

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I think you can search for USPS on PayPal, and limit the time interval to last year.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Do you know what page I search on?   I haven't been able to drill it down that tightly.

THANKS!  Beth

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

In PayPal, under activity, in the menu, there is a charts and graphs. You can select 2017, and you will see that it breaks down total payments received, shipping and includes the fees. At the bottom it breaks down ebay and website sales

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Debbie, when I go to PayPal and click on Activity, I can't find anywhere that gives me an option to see charts and graphs....what am I doing wrong?  Sounds like exactly what I need and I REALLY thank you for helping me!  Beth 🙂

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@bsbk13

Are you set up as a personal, or business account on PayPal.

As I understand it, the more detailed info is only available for business account as a consolidated print out.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Personal---that may explain it.    Somewhere (and of course I can't find it) I had instructions on how to do it for my taxes last year.  

Back to tearing my hair out!  😄

Thanks.....Beth    

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I'm not sure this will help you for 2017 but maybe do it for 2018.

I keep an excel spreadsheet with columns as follows. Each line item is a separate column and all costs are deducted from the total payment amount.

Date of sale/payment
Item title
Total payment (including shipping)
Shipping cost

Ebay Fee
Paypal Fee
My cost
Net profit
Where purchased

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thanks!    Appreciate it---obviously need to get reorganized 🙂

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

How about the cost of purchasing the items? Gas going to the PO? Time creating the listings, cleaning the items, laundry costs, shipping supplies etc? Then you have the cost of eBay fees, Paypal fees and finally your profit. aaggh oh yes and possibly state taxes.
Is there a spreadsheet for this info to be dropped into?
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thanks!  I kept track of the other things you mentioned, but not the PayPal fees and shipping that I paid.  I think I have a handle on it all now.  Beth  

Message 12 of 12
latest reply