cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kate Spade breaking news

Breaking news: It's an apparent suicide. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-metro-kate-spade-commits-suicide-20180605-story.html

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Kate Spade breaking news

I have never been a fashion maven, but this still strikes me as very sad news.

I did not know that she had sold her brand. I also have no idea whether or not she had been diagnosed with depression.

But the fact that she had sold to Neiman Marcus reminds me a little of one of my grad school professors who did suffer from depression. A wonderful man, a little curmudgeonly but with a keen sense of humor, and he cared deeply about his students. I knew him as he was bumping up against mandatory retirement, and I was struck by how much he dreaded it — seemed to equate it with death, almost. From one perspective, what should have been the culmination of a wonderful career seemed to him that he was going to lose the thing that kept him going, gave his life meaning. After he retired, you could see him around campus and in the neighborhood; he sat in on grad student study groups and informally mentored students. It kept him engaged and active.

So I wonder if having the chance to rest on your laurels may not be a good thing for some people.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Very sad indeed.I read that they were having relationship problems and note to her daughter said to "ask Daddy".

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5810565/How-Kate-Spades-seemingly-glamorous-life-turned-year...

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

An absolute Tragedy...Rest In Peace Kate Spade.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

So very sorry for her loved ones.  We should not judge her too harshly.  No one can understand another’s pain.  Go with God, dear lady 

Anyone who thinks that money can't buy happiness has never paid a shelter pet's adoption fee
Message 20 of 22
latest reply

I was devastated....
Message 21 of 22
latest reply

@sallymj105 wrote:
I was devastated....

Hi @sallymj105 - You were the first person I thought of when I heard the sad news. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 22 of 22
latest reply