cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kate Spade breaking news

Breaking news: It's an apparent suicide. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-metro-kate-spade-commits-suicide-20180605-story.html

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Kate Spade breaking news

Ugh, I just heard this.  Terrible  

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

It's so sad that someone would have so much hidden pain.

RIP KS.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I just heard this. I am truly shocked!

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I did not know that Coach had bought the brand.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Very sad, I cannot believe this.  So young and to leave a 13 year old daughter.  Heartbreaking.  Most people who kill themselves don't really want to die, they just can't stand living with the pain of their life anymore and see no other way to end it.  My prayers go out to her family, very tragic.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

I’m shocked and sickened by her choice. I absolutely can relate to someone wanting to check out by their own hand but I cannot relate to someone doing it in a horribly  graphic manner that usually results in the body being found by a loved one which IMO is pretty much a last “verbal”. Religious beliefs aside, there are so many less horrifically visual ways to commit suicide. In this case, it was not her family that found her but it easily could have been.

I wonder if the reason will come out. Regardless of her health (mental and physical) or business (no clue how her Frances Valentine Beatrix business is doing) I think she made a horrific choice that will always impact her daughter’s life. A mother’s job IMO is to protect her child as best that she can. 

I have always been a great believer in the positive changes that can be accomplished with the right patient/therapist relationship. So sad that someone who obviously had the means to get the best help, could not. JMO

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Her pain, to end her life so young, must have been immense.  Such a permanent solution to a temporary problem. One cannot understand or accept that. Prayers to her family and especially her young daughter. 

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

How sad. Such a lovely, talented lady.

Screenshot from Business Insider :

Screenshot-2018-6-5 Kate Spade was totally detached from her namesake brand(1).png

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

None of us ever know what burdens someone else is carrying.  I feel very sad for her daughter.

Many prescription drugs these days carry warnings about causing side-effects of "violent or suicidal thoughts," but of course, we don't know if she was on medication or not.  Whatever the cause, I hope her daughter gets the support she'll need to in the years to come.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Tragic..and so very sad....

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Depression i guess...

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

WSJ 2017 interview with Kate Valentine Spade on her New Accessories Collection, Frances Valentine:

https://youtu.be/DDWDKfQohbY

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Her bil, David Spade, always joked on Ellen that his secret to getting pretty girls to go out with him was to offer them a Kate Spade bag.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

It's so sad. I remember getting my first Kate Spade bag, it was a Sam. I was so excited and felt so grown up. I was proud of myself. I love her home stuff too, I have two polka dot coffee mugs and they are so cute!

I will never be able to understand what she did but I do understand how bad depression can feel, if that was indeed the cause. I feel bad for her daughter and her family. How terrible for them all. 

I will have to go have a look at her "new" line, well new to me at least. I was so stuck on her old stuff I never even knew she had a new line. I didn't realize she had sold the Kate Spade brand.

RIP

Message 15 of 22
latest reply