cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handbag seems in worse condition than seller described.

All right, handbag sellers--I really need your help.  I really don't want to do the wrong thing.

I purchased a vintage handbag which just arrived today.  The seller wrote that there is some damage to one of the straps where it attaches to the hardware.  There was a photo of some tearing to the part of the strap visible from the outside, but then there is a photo from the side--not really of the back of the strap where the major damage is.  I have never seen this style in person before, and I'm not sure that if I had, I would be able to see that the strap was actually barely hanging on by a thread.

I don't sell pre-owned handbags.  But I'm not sure that "some damage" and "the strap is literally going to rip clean off when you unbox it" overlap in meaning.  I like to think that I would say something about that if I thought the handbag would need to be repaired before the buyer used it at all.

Looking at the seller's other listings, he seems to sell all kinds of things and probably is not a handbag expert.  He has 1000+ feedback and a neutral from last year, but no negatives.

So what do you think?  Should I have asked him to describe the damage in more detail?  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Handbag seems in worse condition than seller described.

Without seeing the listing, pictures and description, it's impossible to comment on whether you misread the listing or if the seller didn't describe it accurately and honestly.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Handbag seems in worse condition than seller described.

If and when I was out on the "hunt" damage to the straps would be a no for me (from experience).  Unless it could be a minor/simple repair, I normally pass.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply