cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burberry London Cashmere Scarf New With Tags Fake or Real?

I am not having good feelings about this scarf for a few reasons.It is scratchy,not soft like cashmere and bar code # comes up Burberry Blue House Check Fringe,which I do not believe is correct for this one.Any help would be appreciated.TIAIMG_1243.JPGIMG_1245.JPGIMG_1246.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Not a Burberry person so wait for those that know product and fonts but scratchy on 100% cashmere is a no-no as you said so you can start with a burn test. Grab a few fibers and put them in your sink. If they burn to a hard little ball you know you’ve got synthetic (acrylic) in there so it’s definitely fake. If it burns to ash and smells like hair at least you’ve got wool and then your dry cleaner can confirm if it’s cashmere but again, it should not be scratchy so my gut guess is that you’ve got a counterfeit. Where did you get it?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thrift store that receives a lot of high-end designer items
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

See the threads that are loosely woven above the fringe?  That's not a good sign.

Debora

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I am quite sure that it is wool
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I agree with Debora on the finished  quality and I have personally never touched scratchy cashmere...

NWT at a thrift is not usually a good sign and again, I don’t know Burberry but in my experience barcodes on luxury items are not usual. If you pull pictures from Burberry’s site (or Neiman’s, Saks, etc.) you can clearly see how the scarves are finished at the fringe which is significantly different than yours. Sorry

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You know...  A good place to start on questions like yours is to go to the brand's web site.  Burberry's Classic Check Cashmere Scarf sells for $430.  The quality is unmistakeable even in a photograph and provides a clear comparison.

Debora

Message 7 of 7
latest reply