cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticity of Louis Vuitton Handbag

I was given this handbag by a friend of mine to try to sell on here for her. Before posting anything, since I'm unfamiliar with LV, can someone verify the authenticity of this purse? She says her husband paid good money for it years back, but I can't find any purse with the same interior. Help?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Authenticity of Louis Vuitton Handbag

@jabedn2015

Sorry, but is 100% Counterfeit and can not be sold anywhere.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@jabedn2015

Sorry, but is 100% Counterfeit and can not be sold anywhere.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You're to be commended for asking before listing. It's your account and your reputation and had you listed that bag, it probably would have been removed and your account dinged.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Do you mind explaining how you can tell from those few photos?  Is it the style? The hardware? The lining?  Just trying to learn.  🙂

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@calendular10 wrote:

Do you mind explaining how you can tell from those few photos?  Is it the style? The hardware? The lining?  Just trying to learn.  🙂

All that and much more.

We don't like to talk specifics here because the counterfeiters may read these boards.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The counterfeiters buy the bags at retail so they have actual product in front of them and some still make mistakes but although I’m happy to help where I can, I have no interest in teaching the specifics of the labels I know and expect people who sell to do their own research if they want to learn a label.

Colors, fonts, lining etc are all wrong on that bag. It’s a screamer fake. Glad you asked here and didn’t list it.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Before even opening the bag and looking inside, it already screamed fake.

The multicolore bags have a known number of colors (which this doesn't conform to) and the LVs and florets appear in a certain color order (which again this doesn't conform to)

With practice, you can learn to recognize this and be stopped in your tracks before you even look closer. (which also reveals numerous problems)  

To me, a big time saver in spotting a fake is when there's a 'show stopper' and for me the colors on the multicolore bags is one of those show stoppers where you needn't look further for other signs.

If your friend's husband paid a lot of money for it, it was his mistake.  Always be suspicious when someone tells you they received something as a gift.  Sometimes the gift giver really is giving an authentic item, but the further you get from the actual original purchaser, the higher the risk for you - never take their word.

Sorry. It's awkward when it's a friend.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, guys.  I've become interested in the multicolore in the past few months.  I'm going to see how this bag compares in appearances with bags I know are authentic. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

...sorry for hijacking the thread.  😞

Message 9 of 9
latest reply