cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentic Coach?

Hi, this is a big, soft pebbled leather bag that I hope is authentic.  I've tried to look through the Coach bag listings and google images, and I thought it might be an Edie bag, but am not sure for 2 reasons.  The Edies that I see online have metal feet on the bottom and the little gold-lettered COACH on them is on one side and sits below a turnlock at the end of the zipper.  This one doesn't have feet orIMG_7109.jpgIMG_7110.jpgIMG_7111.jpgIMG_7114.jpgIMG_7116.jpgIMG_7105.jpgIMG_7115.jpgIMG_7113.jpg a turnlock but the little gold-lettered COACH is in the same location below the zipper-end.    Hope these pictures help.  If it's authentic, please let me know (if you know) what the style is called and what the color is called as Coach seems to have a # of purple shades.  Note that all the hardware is gold-toned and imprinted with Coach.  It has both the metal dog-tag type tag and the embossed leather tag.  THANK YOU!  Beth

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Authentic Coach?

It took me a while to find the color.  I believe it was "Black Violet".

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Meant to give dimensions, these are approximate as the bag is very soft and squashable.

Side to Side:   14"

Top to Bottom:  13"

Strap Drop:  9"

Front to back:  6"

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Oh for Pete's sake!   The 2 closeups didn't come through!  IMG_7108.jpgIMG_7106.jpg

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Are there some pictures that aren't showing? I'm seeing an error message that says "Seller's Image No Longer Online." 

Is there a creed in the bag? There may or may not be a serial number on the creed. If not, look inside the zipper pocket (bottom left) and take a picture of the small white tag that's buried there.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

The creed and tags pictures were too big, so that's why you're seeing the pictures no longer online.  Posted them both just now, thank you!

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Sorry. I posted, then saw the additional pictures. 

The bag is a leather Phoebe made in 2013. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Thanks, Alberta....any idea on the color name?  

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I see many of them say Madison Phoebe.  What does that mean?  Also saw 2 that said Plum, which would make sense for the color I'm seeing here.

Sorry to be pesky---I always appreciate you, Alberta!!  Beth

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@bsbk13 wrote:

I see many of them say Madison Phoebe.  What does that mean?  Also saw 2 that said Plum, which would make sense for the color I'm seeing here.

Sorry to be pesky---I always appreciate you, Alberta!!  Beth

Madison would be the collection and Phoebe is the style of that bag. 

I don't know the official color name.

I saw a couple of listings, one on Worthpoint and the other on PM, both with tags though neither showed the tag with the color name. But both called it black violet. 

If you're going to list it, I recommend also using purple in the listing along with the official name.

albertabrightalberta

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I was thinking that's what I'd do....since I don't know the official color name, I'm going to put purple and let the photos speak for themselves.  It really is a dreamboat of a purse---if I were going to carry a purse, purple soft leather would be right up there in my book!  But I don't need a large bag and have found I even leave my small black crossbody at home 99% of the time.  Couple of cards tucked into my phone case and I'm off. 

Thanks again, as always, for your quick, smart replies.  Beth 🙂

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

It took me a while to find the color.  I believe it was "Black Violet".

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Thanks!  Seems like that's the name though sure isn't what I'd think to call it 🙂   Alberta saw several others in that color and said the sellers had called it that too.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I looked at the Phoebe post elsewhere (500 plus pages long) and looked around when they release the new colors.    I had tried way back but kept hitting stumbling blocks.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Thanks!   I love Coach leather bags, but am NOT an expert, so really appreciate help from those who are!  Beth 🙂

Message 15 of 15
latest reply