cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not buy electronics on EBay! You will get scammed

Hey everyone, maybe someone here can help me out with this. I just bought a camera on eBay. On the day of delivery I realize it wasn't in my mailbox. I called the post office and they told me it had been delivered to the wrong address. The location it was delivered is actually a farm with about 50 residents. I went to them and was told there was nothing. USPS went to them and also couldn't find the package. I asked there seller to inform me of the specific address used and they never responded. I filed a claim with eBay and they sided with the seller because it was delivered to the correct town. NOT correct address, but correct town, despite my shipping address and account address being my exact address. Is this a scam? I'm just confused as to why EBay only needed the correct town to be proof of delivery even though I had written proof from the post office that it was delivered to the wrong address.

Anyways, I will never shop on EBay again and I recommend that you do not spend money on the site that you aren't willing to lose.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Do not buy electronics on EBay! You will get scammed

Good (updated) instructions for dealing with false tracking can be found in this thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Item-Not-Received-Tracking-Says-Delivered-FedEX-Buyer-What-Now/...

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you very much for your help. I have been running in circles with customer support for a while now, so I appreciate you taking the time to send me this!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You are very welcome -- good luck!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Congratulations! You just learned what a digital garage sale is like! You never know who your going to get and with moral values down the crapper it will only get worse from here on out I'm afraid.  Ebay works as good as it's people that are selling it.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I can guarantee if something like this happened on the A store one of two things would happen: Either the seller would step in and try to rectify the situation (which is what you should always do first regardless) and if that option fails the A people have often stepped in and bit the cost which as you notice you don't see old electronics on there website hardly anymore.

I think they one time had a market place for old stuff but since then it's been removed I think due to too many broken stuff and returns because of a combination of bad sellers not ensuring the equipment works/gets to the location of the buyer and buyers whom didn't know what they were getting into.etc and do things they shouldn't and sometimes in between where the package gets damaged on the way. 

If Ebay wants to end so many returns both legit and fraud then they need to crack the whip on 'retro' stuff it's the only way to clean up junk on it's website. Think of it as digital spring cleaning and as a bonus for all the website would probably have a bit of a speed increase not being bogged down by so much sellers with broken junk. 

In fact most of the web could do a spring cleaning and I can guarantee we would have a 25 percent speed boost without broken/dead websites cluttering and that's all without actually fixing the infrastructure itself.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I hope you learned from your experience how wicked the world is now.  Ebay is as good as the morals of the people selling on it. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

This thread has been dormant for months.

eBay is not going to stop allowing used items.

The first thing listed and sold on eBay was a broken laser pointer.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I have bought EBay electronics several times, and only once did I get an item that worked. I have always asked if it has been tested, they always say “Yes”, and obviously that’s a big lie. I will never buy used electronics fro EBay. You shouldn’t either.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply