cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

Dear Mr. Mason,

I would appreciate it so much if you could help me identify this Gund
plush Cat. She measures about 9'' long, and the fabric feels like mohair to me.
Her label reads:

Walt Disney Characters

COPYRIGHT WALT DISNEY PROD

J. SWEDLIN INC LICENSEE

and on the other side

ALL NEW MATERIAL

GUND MFG.CO.

J. SWEDLIN INC.

360 SUNDEM St. (I think that is it - a bit unclear)

BROOKLYN 37 N.Y..

Made in Japan

Susan
Message 706 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I am looking for 2 posters (Prints?) one of them features Mickey and Minnie in 50's garb and the title "Rock Around the Mouse." The other one is Minnie & Daisy eating ice cream in an Ice cream parlor - both all dressed up for a day downtown.

ANSWER:
The posters turn up from time to time on eBay; and usually sell for $10 or less. Keep on the look-out... They'll likely show up one day soon.

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 707 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I would appreciate it so much if you could help me identify this Gund
plush Cat. She measures about 9'' long, and the fabric feels like mohair to me.

ANSWER:
This would have to be a very obscure Disney cat... We're guessing that it's Jake from "The Cat From Outer Space" (1978).

Best regards,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 708 of 1,793
latest reply

backdoor123
Enthusiast
I have a Pinocchio wooden marionette that stands about 3 feet tall. On the (control handles) for the lack of a better term there is a plate that states Limited collector edition #8 of 200 made especially for Walt Disney Home Video made by Bob Baker Marionette. Any idea or the worth.
Message 709 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a Pinocchio wooden marionette that stands about 3 feet tall. On the (control handles) for the lack of a better term there is a plate that states Limited collector edition #8 of 200 made especially for Walt Disney Home Video made by Bob Baker Marionette. Any idea or the worth.

ANSWER:
As one of the foremost makers of marionettes in the world, this Pinocchio puppet will be among the most sought after by collectors. This puppet maker also produced the puppets for "The Sound of Music" Lonely Goatherd musical scene. Though it's approx. 10 years old, it should already command values of $150 and more. Both Disneyland (Geppetto's Toy Shop in Fantasyland) and the Disney Catalog also issued versions of the Bob Baker Marionettes (including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Jiminy Cricket and Donald Duck). In general, the taller and larger sizes will tend to be worth more over time. We could easily see the values climbing well past $250.
Message 710 of 1,793
latest reply

the_vintagedepot
Enthusiast
Hi! I have a ceramic mug (Walt Disney Productions-JAPAN) with an old fashioned looking Mickey, Minnie and 3 little boy mice. Question-do these 3 little boy mice have a name? TIA
Message 711 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hi! I have a ceramic mug (Walt Disney Productions-JAPAN) with an old fashioned looking Mickey, Minnie and 3 little boy mice. Question-do these 3 little boy mice have a name?

ANSWER:
It's tough to say without a picture, but they're likely unnamed generic children of Mickey Mouse from early cartoons. Much later, he also had two nephews (from his sister Amelia Fieldmouse) by the names of Morty & Ferdie.
Message 712 of 1,793
latest reply

baby*monkee
Enthusiast
QUESTION:

My friend found this at a local garage sale. She thought it was cute but doesn't know what it's meant to be used as...an ashtray? Sugar bowl? It measures 3 inches in diameter and has a strange marking stamped into the bottom. Any help identifying what the item is used for or even the marking is appreciated...thanks!

------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------

If it's free, then it's for me!
Message 713 of 1,793
latest reply

pbloomer1979
Enthusiast
Hello Dave

I have a plate that has a spot for food and another spot for the cup. I have the cup also and it is of donald duck with some flowers in hand. Also his had is falling off it looks like a summer or spring scene behind him with a soft pastel trees and grass under hi feet. there are some markings on the bottom of the china. The Markings are of a black triangle with a DD in the middle and the word japan under the triangle. just trying to find out the year mad and price for something like this. also have some pictures available if needed.
Message 714 of 1,793
latest reply

charyse
Enthusiast
Hello DAVE,

I was digging in some old stuff and found this Mickey mouse Figure. I wanted to know if any one can help me out. I looked on Kovels.com for Pricing and what I can make from what it said is that this. figure would go for around $500.00... But it does not show a Picture of the Figure.

The initials (SLG) are the NUMBERS (675) on the bottom foot as you can see from the Pictures. if anyone has any ideas please contact me at 909design@gmail.com THANK YOU...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 715 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a plate that has a spot for food and another spot for the cup. I have the cup also and it is of donald duck with some flowers in hand. Also his had is falling off it looks like a summer or spring scene behind him with a soft pastel trees and grass under hi feet. there are some markings on the bottom of the china. The Markings are of a black triangle with a DD in the middle and the word japan under the triangle. just trying to find out the year mad and price for something like this. also have some pictures available if needed.

ANSWER:
These plates & mugs were sold at Disneyland & Walt Disney World during the 1970's. A mug & plate set sells for approx. $30.
Message 716 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I was digging in some old stuff and found this Mickey mouse Figure. I wanted to know if any one can help me out. I looked on Kovels.com for Pricing and what I can make from what it said is that this. figure would go for around $500.00... But it does not show a Picture of the Figure.

ANSWER:
Sorry to say... but this is an unauthorized reproduction piece; often sold at flea markets and shops at the Mexican border. They are usually sold as whiteware, and are painted at a later time. Value is approx. $10

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 717 of 1,793
latest reply

rkroning
Enthusiast
Would like to have any information about my antique(?) Mickey keychain. I will try to append photo here (new to this).
Message 718 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Would like to have any information about my antique(?) Mickey keychain.

ANSWER:
Sorry... but this doesn't appear to be antique... but is more likely from the 1980's. Value, approx. $5.00.
Message 719 of 1,793
latest reply

robray1956
Enthusiast
:-)hi is any one collecting disney pins at least thats what i think they are called,i visited florida few years back and everybody seemed to be wearing them around there necks if any one knows if they are collectable please let me know.
thanks
rob. England.
rob
Message 720 of 1,793
latest reply