cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On TV they showed a huge flock birds flying into a big building in Chicago ... Anyone else se that?

Hop to see more posting poping up in here ....

Sure makes me day brighter .... 

Did any one else  see that huge flock birds flying into a big building

DWB  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: On TV they showed a huge flock birds flying into a big building in Chicago ... Anyone else se t

Gotta be tough to b e a bird .... 

There are big Hawks helping them selves to Hawks , Osprey , Eagles, etc   We also have lots of Pelicans dive bombing right down to us ... They nab lots of bait fish  ....  There are so many bait fish it looks like the ocean is boiling ... 

Nice to be out of the hospital l..

Please do some posting .... Nice to hear from ya  l...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: On TV they showed a huge flock birds flying into a big building in Chicago ... Anyone else se t

No, I didn't see that.  Poor birds....

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@whotoldya  I just searched for a story about it and saw there were at least a thousand if not more.  They had a picture of all the dead bodies that volunteers had gathered.  SOOO SAD!  

They said there is no way to know the true death toll as some birds struck the windows but they may be found days later around town. 

Happier bird talk..... 

We had a cooper hawk hang out on our porch for about 5 hours yesterday. It left after it had a lizard snack and left part behind on one of the Halloween storage containers that Keith had moved out of the shed. Not the best picture since Keith was holding the camera around the corner without looking at hawk.

cooper.jpg

We don't see Coppers as often as we have a LOT of Harris Hawks and some Great Horned Owls that hang around too. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I saw that story yesterday.  I'm in Chicago, about 10 minutes from downtown.  I believe it was on the morning news.  I saw all those birds & turned the TV right off.   I can't handle sad animal stories!   This was terrible , 1000 birds. 

I didn't realize it was at McCormick Place, our convention center.    Poor things got confused by all the lights. They said it's usually an average of 15 birds a night.  I didn't even realize that.  They're still finding birds all over downtown..   Very sad!!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Gotta be tough to b e a bird .... 

There are big Hawks helping them selves to Hawks , Osprey , Eagles, etc   We also have lots of Pelicans dive bombing right down to us ... They nab lots of bait fish  ....  There are so many bait fish it looks like the ocean is boiling ... 

Nice to be out of the hospital l..

Please do some posting .... Nice to hear from ya  l...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply