cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Back!

Hi Everyone!

Back in June I said I wasn't going to sell on eBay any more. Well, I've reversed that decision and will deal with the State of Nevada tax people if and when the time comes. 

I have been using Craig's List and I've found that if you leave stuff up there for long enough sooner or later it sells. I've lost patience and decided I'm going to get back to serious selling. I even bought a light box so I can take better pics.

With all that said, I hope you are all doing well. DWB I have been thinking of you all week since the hurricanes hit. When you get a chance let us know you are OK.  Same with any of the rest of you that might be affected. 

Any suggestions any of you have to help me adjust to the way eBay is now are greatly appreciated. I will be starting slow and gradually building up my listing. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: I'm Back!

@soloinnv   Welcome back!   If you have been forced to the New Listing Tool let me know I'll help guide you.  

Some of the settings are a bit like playing "where's waldo".  

@whotoldya 

I've been thinking about DWB too.   Did you have much damage from the storm?  

(The spacing is doing weird things on this post..... ) 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Glad that you are back!  I am lucky that eBay hasn't switched me over to their new format, yet.  When I list new items, I try to fill out their 1,000 Item Specifics, since I suspect that they will eventually demand those.  But it is a royal PITA. 

If you can tolerate Craig's List (I can't), I would suggest that you try Facebook Marketplace (if you are on Facebook).  I have about 1,850 listings on there and I ship or have them come to my house for a local pick-up.  Their fees are the lowest of any site.

If you have NextDoor in your area, they just started a site for local sales.    I don't meet anyone and if they come for a pick-up, I put the item into a tote in my driveway and they leave the money.  I do the same for Marketplace pick-ups.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'm in Nevada so nowhere near the storms. We had a rough couple of weeks with the fires but got lucky with 2 days of rain that put them out.

I haven't attempted the listing tool yet. Right now I'm going through old listings and freshening them up. If I get stuck I'll reach out.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I haven't gotten to new listings yet. Sounds like it's going to be interesting. LOL.

I used to be on FB Marketplace but left because I sold nothing and got way too many dumb questions. I belong to a few local buy/sell/trade groups and have had better luck there. It's all cash and pickup only which makes life a lot easier.

A few people have told me about NextDoor and how it's kind of sketchy here in Reno so I think I'll avoid it.

Thanks for the input!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply