cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Westmoreland Dating Question

Hi Gang,

I have this Westmoreland Dish Pattern #666 which my book tells me was made from 1917 thru 1927.  I wonder if anyone can figure out a way (if there is one) to tell if my dish was made in the early or later part of production.

Westmoreland did reissue some pieces but those were done much later and were marked as such.  I couldn't find any information about this pattern being reissued at all.

My dish is pressed glass marked Deep Cut if that helps.

Any discussion is welcome.

Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Yan,

Sorry that I can't help with your dating question, and that a huge silence followed your post.  Where IS everyone???

Usually, I get a notice in my email that someone has posted on our glass site, but not this time.

hope all is well,

bb

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

p.s.  Is there any reason you think there would be a difference, detectable or otherwise, over a 10 year span?

bb

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi BB!  By Golly it sure is nice to hear from someone.  I was beginning to think that I was crying into the wind.  LOL

The only way I can think of to possibly date these things is to look at the wear and compare to other like pieces.  Even that isn' t presice as some pieces may have seen more use than others.  The other thing is that older pieces have sharper patterns than the later ones as the molds get dull with many uses.    I can't find anything written to even hint at a way to tell early or later pressings for certain.  Just wondered if anyone had any other ideas about how to tell.

Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 4 of 4
latest reply