cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharon butter dish lids

I have two butter dish lids in sharon .my ? is the one on the right a reproduction or is it old the the color seems  darker to me .I have  trouble with different color hues so any help would be greatful thank you for looking 019.JPG020.JPG

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Sharon butter dish lids

From a glassware book I have here at home.  Please see these photos...

Best, Lindarepro 1.JPGrepro 2.JPG

................................................................................................................
If you're always cracking up, and you're always breaking down, don't deal in glassware
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

About the Mayfair blue color of the repro Sharon lids, when I was pretty new to collecting, I was at a large flea market a couple of hours from home, and I spied a blue Sharon butter lid.  The lady at the booth said when I asked her if it was new, "I bought it from an estate".  I thought that meant it was old Depression glass so I bought it.  I still have that lid somewhere, and I learned a lesson that her reply was neither yes or no.  Lesson learned. That was probably early 80s.  Sharon

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I've seen differences in colors myself,  mostly in Hazel Atlas.  I would hazard to say

that slight/light color differences are common. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply