cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rip off site? Replacements Ltd

I use a link for research and I found they have field people and thought that it was a possible way to sell items that didn't sell in my listings. I got a letter from them and there is a membership fee (a large one!) and a quota, etc. I believe that must be a rip off. What do you think?
Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Rip off site? Replacements Ltd

"I'm smart as hell"??? Sounds like something Don the Con would say. Besides, how smart is hell? No hate here, just intolerance for inflated egos.

Ducky, Yan, and Hedgie were VERY knowledgeable about glass, and they provided assistance on this discussion site to many collectors and sellers, including me. I miss their wisdom, their modesty, and their good humor.

bb

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

I too miss yan & heggie they were very helpful when I joined this board there dedecation was very greatful to us .they would not give up in helping you id pieces besides offering helpful hints on any matter relating to ebay. they will always hold a special place in my heart .

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

Still Smart as Hell. (it's pretty smart 🙂

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

I've reread most comment; I believe the difference between finding glass to sell and making good money depends on where you live. I'm in Ohio. Most major glass co's were with-in 100 miles of where I live is the "Heart of the glass industry"

I had not thought abvout the rest of the country as vintage glass producers. "Passionate collectors of antique glassware travel from around the country to Ohio, once the heart of America's glass industry" 

Going with the same idea; look to see what was/is made in your area. Or come to Ohio; we have glass falling off the shelf.. Pun intended. 

http://www.midwestliving.com/travel/ohio/7-ohio-glass-museums-that-sparkle/

Message 34 of 34
latest reply