cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blood Red Cordial Glass - Screw on Chrome base foot - Maker? and Pattern? Help

They measure 5 1/2 inches tall.  The glass has molded threads that screw into the base foot.  Any help on maker and pattern would be appreciated. Thanks!

RedCord1.JPG

RedCord2.JPG

RedCord3.JPG

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Blood Red Cordial Glass - Screw on Chrome base foot - Maker? and Pattern? Help

bcover...

I see that no one has been able to help you yet... I can't either, but if you type in search words "ruby red screw in stem goblets" on google and then click on "images".... I believe you will find enough info so that you can successfully list these.

But my humble opinion is that your pieces are not very old.

Best, Linda

................................................................................................................
If you're always cracking up, and you're always breaking down, don't deal in glassware
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Re: Blood Red Cordial Glass - Screw on Chrome base foot - Maker? and Pattern? Help

I got them at a flea market for 1.00 each.. Set of 4.  One was broke off at the screw part. Ah.. ok here we go. New Martinsville Ruby Red Cordial Glasses with Chrome Stem; Set of Four New Martinsville Art Deco Style Cordial Glasses.  Thanks Linda!

Steve

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Interesting.. found exact ones on Etsy ( I dispise that site, I was a member for about 3 hours and got canned caused I asked a question on their boards. Of course no one knew me so I was an intruder and immediately reported to the jerk that runs the site so he blocked my ID and address. They bought themselves a life time negative advertising campaign.)

I found these similar ones on eBay, looks like 1940's maybe. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-New-Martinsville-Cordial-Ruby-Red-glass-Moondrops-Goblets-1932-1940-/39138...

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I think you might be being hasty in your i.d. of New Martinsville.  The stem does not seem right.

I would wait for some others here to chime in....

Best, Linda

................................................................................................................
If you're always cracking up, and you're always breaking down, don't deal in glassware
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I did a quick search and did find several listings, one exactly like yours, also a set with a different stem,

all attributed to New Martinsville.  However, as Linda suggested, you may want to wait until

someone can give you a positive ID from a book on the subject. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Thanks!

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Thanks Linda,

One of the 3 bases has a bent foot.. so only 2 good complete glasses.  Will look for another reference to my style ... Etsy's ad must of been a wrong ID.  

Steve    

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Thanks Linda,

One of the 3 bases has a bent foot.. so only 2 good complete glasses.  Will look for another reference to my style.  Etsy's ad must of been a wrong ID.  

Steve    

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I found the same glasses on three different sites all atributed to new martinville but no proof . asked one seller where he found the maker hopefully he  will respond with more info. hope this helps.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Your local library can be a font of information...

Ask the librarian for glass books... Especially Elegant Glass, or ideally a New Martinsville glass book.

Again.. Compare EVERYTHING... measurements, etc.

I only say this because there will be quite a price differance if they are New Martinsville or knockoffs....

Best, Linda

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I have many glass books but not a NewMartinsville book.  I was looking closer at the two good ones and the chrome does show some aging but should polish up nicely.  I got them from a lady who had to be in her 60's and she got them from her friend who owned them.  Now where her friend got them she didn't know.  They are interesting with the screw thread glass stub at the bottom where the chrome stem screws on.  Linda you opinon is always highly valued. Thanks!

Steve

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I have a New Martinsville book, but I did not see them there.  I am sure this book does not cover everything they ever made, but I did not find these stems.  Sharon

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Steve...

Found out some more info for you....

Viking Glass bought the molds from New Martinsville...

That being said, IF IT WERE ME, I would still put New Martinsville in your listing title. (With a ?? after that) and then in the body of your listing, you can add that you are not certain of the mfg.   

p.s.  and please call them Ruby Red and not Blood Red...  Smiley Wink

Best, Linda

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Very interesting... will do.  Thanks Linda!  Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 15
latest reply