cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is this Chinese vase? red porcelain encased parquet wooden roses signed characters

Hi - any help identifying this red porcelain vase (white interior) Encased is constructed floral decoration out of wood or paper... vertical characters  mark  and horizontal mark characters. would love to know what they say, indicate, to understand this remarkable vessel. Thanks for any insight. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

what is this Chinese vase? red porcelain encased parquet wooden roses signed characters

The large characters in your last photo are 花开富贵 - apparently they're taken from from a Tang dynasty poem and mean "the richness of blossoming flowers."

I think that your vase may possibly be a wine or liquor bottle that is missing its lid. The ones in this link aren't 100% identical, but you get the idea:

https://m.jiutanpifa.com/jiuping/427.html 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

No one can help yo without good, clear photographs, including photos of the base of the vase even if it is unmarked.

To post the pictures, click "Reply" to this post and then use the photo icon to post pictures, like this:

Camera Icon.jpeg

With a tip of the hat to Lacemaker.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

hi maxine and thanks, i did post photos, don't know where they went! here again and thanks!vase (3).jpgvase (1).jpgvase (2).jpg

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Could you please retake your first photo? It's very blurry. (The other two are fine.)

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The large characters in your last photo are 花开富贵 - apparently they're taken from from a Tang dynasty poem and mean "the richness of blossoming flowers."

I think that your vase may possibly be a wine or liquor bottle that is missing its lid. The ones in this link aren't 100% identical, but you get the idea:

https://m.jiutanpifa.com/jiuping/427.html 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

totally - yes yes... thank you, gives me path to pursue, but definitely that's it, missing lid.  thank you, argon38! 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply