cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

orrefors umbra vase

1axe.jpg1agkl.jpg1agkl.jpgCan anyone give me an idea of what this lovely Orrefors vase would go for on secondary market? I believe it is called Umbro and approx. 10 inches tall. It is black on the outside and white on the inside - its about 5 inches across at widest point at top and approx. 6 inches across at bulbous part. I have red it was Danish Modern Mid century - it is to me very different for orrefors. Thank you EBAY friends

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: orrefors umbra vase

For a number of good reasons which you can imagine, no one here will put a monetary value on a piece.  The market is too whimsical, for one thing, especially on eBay.

However, you can study eBay Completed Listings for Orrefors glass to get a good idea of what sells and doesn't sell, and what it sells for: 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Orrefors&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&...

Good luck with your vase.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: orrefors umbra vase

So this is one of those cases where a bad attribution seems to refuse to die lol.

"Ombre" was a glass line by Eric Hoglund for Kosta Boda. This is not that. But given how you spelled the glass name attributed to Orrefors I'm pretty sure of the origin of the error.

I've seen this vase described as onyx, just black/white cased etc etc and I have seen it portrayed that it is an Erika Lagerbielke design however I've never seen any actual proof of that.

Last time I saw a pair at auction they sold for $50 USD for the pair. As mentioned, the market is the market on any given day so who knows but as a general rule of thumb, if it isn't artist signed and has only a sticker or just the "Orrefors" etched in the base, its not one of their more valuable pieces.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Message 3 of 3
latest reply