cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can some bidders hide their IDs?

微信图片_20240315180921.png

不公开的物品刊登 - 不公开出价者的身份

Unlisted listings - The identity of the bidder is not disclosed微信图片_20240315181202.png

An ID with a long string of numbers like this, and followed by the records of her buying and selling a lot of things in eBay. 99.99% of them are Chinese buying and selling intermediaries.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Why can some bidders hide their IDs?

All bidders names are hidden like that in the USA as far as I know.  This practice started years ago to protect buyers ' privacy.   You can see your own name if bidding though. 

Rita

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Some are hidden, some are public.For example, Figure 2 is public.

I mainly want to see if other Chinese people are also buying it.

Because most Chinese people’s IDs are purely numerical。

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If you see a username in the bid history displayed as any character, three asterisks and another character, it is because eBay has hidden the actual username. If you sign out of your account and view the same bid history page, your bids should appear the same way.

eburtonlab_0-1710514270790.png

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@melda58 wrote:

All bidders names are hidden like that in the USA as far as I know.  This practice started years ago to protect buyers ' privacy.   You can see your own name if bidding though. 

Rita

In every country AFAIK - (buyers) - only the account holder can see their own id, only the seller (lister of the auction) can see all id's. Pretty sure this was changed a long time ago to stop members from contacting a buyer if they won an auction that the member wanted and missed out on.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 5
latest reply