Accepted Solutions

While you're waiting...

11 REPLIES 11

While you're waiting...

Banksy.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

While you're waiting...

Could the Islamist be amusing himself with a new dartboard?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

While you're waiting...

Leonardo-Shmeonardo. Meh. 

I'm investing in T.F Chen, an unparalleled fine artist whose powerful artworks are not only executed with precision and passion, fine aesthetics and wit, but also possess fundamental, cultural and historical value.  His style is sourced from a deep theoretical philosophy based on love and concern for our human family, and backed by the maturity of over a half-century of deep study, thought, and cultivation. And rather than catering to the whims or fads of the commercial art market, which is fraught with artifice, publicity stunts, and market manipulation, he has always focused instead on the quality and depth of his work and message.  All that, and more, including his academic and humanitarian achievements, is why he has a place in art history.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

While you're waiting...

@maxine*j wrote:

I'm investing in T.F Chen, an unparalleled fine artist

Lawrence. Jeppson, a respected senior art investment advisor to the Smithsonian Institute, remarked, “There is only one Van Gogh, one Picasso and one Tsing-Fang Chen in this world!”

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

While you're waiting...

@argon38 wrote:

@maxine*j wrote:

I'm investing in T.F Chen, an unparalleled fine artist

Lawrence. Jeppson, a respected senior art investment advisor to the Smithsonian Institute, remarked, “There is only one Van Gogh, one Picasso and one Tsing-Fang Chen in this world!”

And, see?  He didn't even bother to mention whatshisname, Leonardo

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

While you're waiting...

@ohnojoey wrote:

Certainly a strange purchase for a Saudi prince... although Muslims are typically very respectful of the person of Jesus, whom they consider a prophet. If Sonomabarn is right and there was a Banksy auto-shredder hidden in the frame, i guess that'll be the last we ever hear of it.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

While you're waiting...

@maxine*j wrote:

I'm investing in T.F Chen...

How I envy you...I tried to invest in T.F. Chen ... but was rejected as unworthy and cast back to the billions strong waiting list with a caution that I was lucky to even gaze upon his brilliance from afar without having my eyes scooped out with rusty utensils for daring to hope for ownership.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

While you're waiting...

@argon38 wrote:

@ohnojoey wrote:

Certainly a strange purchase for a Saudi prince... although Muslims are typically very respectful of the person of Jesus, whom they consider a prophet. If Sonomabarn is right and there was a Banksy auto-shredder hidden in the frame, i guess that'll be the last we ever hear of it.

Yes, many Muslims consider Jesus as a lesser prophet to Mohammed, but a prophet nonetheless.

Depictions, though, like artwork that represents Mohammed or Jesus is considered idolatry by the Saudi Arabian government, and are decreed to be destroyed, to the best of me knowledge.

The Banksy theory is much more intriguing!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

While you're waiting...

@yankeebob1951 wrote:

How I envy you...I tried to invest in T.F. Chen ... but was rejected as unworthy and cast back to the billions strong waiting list with a caution that I was lucky to even gaze upon his brilliance from afar without having my eyes scooped out with rusty utensils for daring to hope for ownership.

"At the distinguished age of 74, Dr. Chen is enjoying a surge of mastery, brilliance and productivity as all the countless seeds he’s sown in the last half-century are coming to bear fruit."

And to think that he is having to put up with so much base ingratitude and sarcasm! Shameful, truly shameful.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

While you're waiting...

I just find the whole "Salvator Mundi" story completely bizarre. If I understand correctly, these two photos show the same picture  before and after "restoration"?!

296_Salvator_Mundi

https://www.theartnewspaper.com/news/from-pound45-to-dollar100m-leonardo-heads-to-new-york

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

While you're waiting...

I find the bundle of molded papers and watercolors from under the floorboards in Van Gogh's bedroom more interesting than the Mundi. At $450 million I wonder if that is just the Saudi money talking rather than the actual painting being of that much interest. I mean, can't one buy a presidency for that kind of money?

Message 12 of 12
latest reply