cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanguard Studios wall art (Botanical Prints)

Since I couldn't figure out how to add photos to my last discussion I had to start a new one. Thank you maxine and pixzee for your help. I tried to get close ups of these prints. I thought I would put them up for bidding but have no idea what to start them at. I have found nothing in all my searching that is quite like these two.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

This company made thousands of items for a mass market.  It's not surprising that you can't find an exact match.  But on the other thread there were links to information about sales of this company's items for comparison.  You might also want to check eBay listings for framed botanicals to get an idea of what you might expect.

Someone else may weigh in with an idea for value, but I never do that because you'll be unhappy if I turn out to be high in my estimate and unhappy if I turn out to be low in my estimate -- and I'm not Goldilocks to it's unlikely that I'll get it just right.  Smiley Happy

For others, here is your original thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Collectibles-Art/Vanguard-Studios-wall-art/m-p/28610822

To add pictures to your own thread, just hit REPLY to your own post and pop in the pictures in the usual way, following the prompts.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I like the close-ups,. they show that these are printed on a fancy paper.

In this case, I don't believe the value is in the print as much as the frame and image. These are not original 19th century prints but offset lithography.

The frame and image (botanicals) have a nice decorative value.

You may never find 2 exact prints in the exact framing to compare. So try to compare similar types of offset litho and fine framing of pretty botanical prints.

Here's an auction with two similar prints (one identical to yours) and the same quality of framing, that went for $24 (shipping not included).

But here's the thing, do you want to sell them yesterday or get the highest possible price? An auction that starts too high may scare off bidders.

But you never know, two people may have been looking for the exact same print, or a mat color that goes perfectly  with their wallpaper and bid an item like this up to a crazy price. Or, since this is the "off season" for decorating, you might not find a buyer at a give away price.

Since they are smallish, you may do better hanging on to them and selling in the fall when folks tend to decorate for the holidays.

As far as price goes, $24 seems to be low to average for auction and might be a good starting price. If I was willing to sit on them for a few months relisting them -I would go BIN at $40 with OBO, and perhaps set them at auction in Sept or Oct at $24. But that's just my opinion.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you so much maxine. You are such a great help.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks pixzee. You girls are awesome.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply