cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports (Baseball) Pencil Drawing ( unsigned) by talented/experienced sports illustrator

Hello.....can you help me.  I have this pencil sketch of Casey Stengel (Mets) & I think (?) Ralph Houk (Yankees) from what I deduce is from 1962-1964 when BOTH were managers of Mets & Yanks. It seems as if this Illustration Board, Cold Press Surface #300 Medium Weight by Crescent Cardboard Co. is an original illustration on this artist quality board.  It is unsigned. The artist is talented and probably a well know Sports Illustrator / Artist. I made comparisons to drawings of Bruce Stark & Phil Bissell but cannot make that connection. I'm seeking your help to identify the artist and to verify that the Yankee on the right is indeed Ralph Houk.  Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thank you. -   Keith

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sports (Baseball) Pencil Drawing ( unsigned) by talented/experienced sports illustrator

Wow....yes....you're right.  It's Yogi Berra !  I normally would recognize Berra but could not from this sketch. I made comparisons to Ralph Houk and wasn't convinced it was Houk. So the artist copied the Sports Illustrated photo ?  I think you're spot on. Thank you so much.  Wow.....

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

That's Yogi Bera with Stengel, and it looks like it was copied from this front cover photo.

Rita

melda58_0-1615756085138.jpeg

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Wow....yes....you're right.  It's Yogi Berra !  I normally would recognize Berra but could not from this sketch. I made comparisons to Ralph Houk and wasn't convinced it was Houk. So the artist copied the Sports Illustrated photo ?  I think you're spot on. Thank you so much.  Wow.....

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You're welcome.  Whoever drew it was pretty good.

Rita

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply