cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Limited Edition "Rainbow Box" Art - 41/220 Artist ? Name

4.5x5.5" "Rainbow Box"4.5x5.5" "Rainbow Box"

Hello....nice little limited artwork....small 4.5 x 5.5"  Can't make out artist.  Oranai ?  Franai ?  Franci ? Oranci ?

Hoping someone has some insight.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Small Limited Edition "Rainbow Box" Art - 41/220 Artist ? Name

@melda58 wrote:

Sonoma is NOT the only one asking for more detail...  Maxine asked about the loupe to see if there are small regular dots throughout which would indicate an offset print versus an original lithograph...

Yep.  I wanted a description of what is seen with a loupe, because it can likely tell us what kind of print it is, if it is a print, or what kind of reproduction it is, if it's a reproduction.  Using other means, that's what Maeday was after, too.   It matters.   It matters because it helps to identify artists.  It matters because it dramatically affects value.   But I made my request, had no response, and will now leave this one to others.

-

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

It's attractive. I'm slightly surprised that no-one has suggested "Francis" as a possibility. Also surprised that the artist seems never to have seen a rainbow before, judging by the impossible coloration.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@argon38 wrote:

...  surprised that the artist seems never to have seen a rainbow before, judging by the impossible coloration.

I would say a good half of the present-day illustrations and artwork I see which feature rainbows are done by people who think the colors are random.

-

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

OP stated "a mix of matte colors (Reds, blues, greens) and glossy colors (browns & yellows) on the image."  On my screen I see pinks not reds.  

Rita

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@melda58 wrote:

OP stated "a mix of matte colors (Reds, blues, greens) and glossy colors (browns & yellows) on the image."  On my screen I see pinks not reds.  

Rita

I was, and I assume Argon was, referring to the order of the colors rather than their hue, tint, tone, saturation, whatever.   The order is specific and always the same:  red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, violet.  (Or, in older terminology, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet.)

In this work, the colors are a band of yellows, pinks, blues.  That's not the spectrum.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Thank you everyone for you your help.  I do appreciate it.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

I know you feel like the first letter is either an F or an O, but I was going on the idea of it maybe being a J, because of the shape of the stroke starting up and to the left, starting with a slight tick at the start of the line. Unfortunately, this does screw up the following letters for making sense. 

I could see it being an F, but it's awfully round, and it's really pretty rare to start an O from the top going clockwise. Much more normal to have the line go from topside to the left, counter-clockwise and terminating near or at the beginning of the loop. 

I apologize for just making this more convoluted, but I thought it's better to share the thought than keep it to myself. 

It's not a giclée. 

Best wishes, and please update us with any developments. 

M. 

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Thank you so much.  You're very kind. I will update with any developments.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply