cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Japanese books

I've recently come across several Japanese language paperbacks that I'd like to list on eBay. I don't know Japanese so I can't tell much about them. One is "A Happy Death" by Camus (it also has the title in French on the cover). Two appear to involve game instruction: Mahjong (or riichi mahjong) and Go. The mahjong book also has "Tsuchiya Taste Book" on the cover. The other paperback has virtually no English that I can find.  Using the eBay app's image identification on each book turns up lots of Japanese language books but not the one I am searching. Any thoughts on how I can find out about these books and how I might list them? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

george

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Japanese books

@flabids 

Take a picture of the title pages of the books, and paste the pictures into the google images search page. That will give you the option of getting a google translation of the text. It works very well.

www.images.google.com

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I'm sorry. I must be doing something wrong. When I do that, I get many photos of Japanese books including the one I have. But when I click on that photo, I get a page of information in Japanese. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Ok. I think I see what to do. I click on Translate at the bottom and it does give me a translation of the title. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yes, there you go. You got it.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Once you know the title and publisher, go to an international book seller site like vialibri.net or abebooks.com if you don't see them on ebay.  

Rita

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for that tip!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply