cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help knowing these have any value

I found these 4 in my mother's jewelry I have no idea of there worth.

Any help would be helpful 

Thank you

20240324_142817.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You may want to take these to the jewelry board.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

This is Collectibles and Art.   Try the Jewelry Board.  They should be able to tell you if you have costume jewelry versus gem stones. 

Rita

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Can you flip them over and take a sharp closeup of the backs? Some here may know about them. Are there any marks?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Here's a match to the green one.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1664918212/statement-green-uranium-glass-crystal

Post close up, clear images of the other 3 - front and back @meb5023 , and close ups of any markings.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Here's a match to the royal blue:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295466409711

No good info on the piece in the listing, but the images are good and may help someone here provide more info.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Based on @wastingtime101 's finds,  seems like you have costume jewelry from the 1960's or thereabouts and now know what others are asking for them.  Keep an eye on the "sold" prices to have better idea of value.  

Rita

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

There are no marks on any of them

20240324_142838.jpg

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

They are costume jewelry @meb5023 and even though the links posted above show sellers are asking high prices, you should listen to @melda58 's advice and check prices of listings that actually sold.

From what my research showed, mid century brooches like those typically sell for $10-15 apiece. A friend of mine that deals in jewelry took a look and said you'd be lucky to get $60 for the lot which is consistent with my research. Sometimes you can push your luck with truly amazing photos and just the right key words.

Look at the 2 listings linked above for reference on photo quality.

Hope that gives you some direction.

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply