cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to sale a kiss collectible figurine I was wondering if I have it priced to high

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I am trying to sale a kiss collectible figurine I was wondering if I have it priced to high

The market for this limited. It might take a couple of years to sell it. Don't be disheartened, it happens to all sellers from time to time.  As for the price, only you can answer that for yourself - you can always reduce it, use Best Offer function, pay the promotional fee, use GTC instead of auction (or vice versa)... one just has to experiment once in a while to see what works for you. But I do recommend that you update shipping, it is not a MEDIA mail item. 

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I have no idea about the price.  I can share with you that your item cannot be shipped Media Mail.  If it were me, I would offer free Priority Mail.  You get insurance with Priority Mail.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Did you research it? I see similar items for sale in the 12 to 15 dollar price range in other listings.  Try using KISS in the title (instead of kiss) and add the performer's name.  Add the size of the item too - for example, is it 6 inches or 12 inches? 

Good luck.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

1.Your pictures are poor, it's difficult to tell what you have at first glance. Too much glare and interference.

2.You have it listed in Books>Nonfiction with a book condition-
("Very Good: A book that does not look new and has been read but is in excellent condition. No obvious damage to the cover, with the dust jacket (if applicable) included for hard covers)

It should be in the "Toys & Hobbies>Action Figures" category.

3.This same action figure is selling on ebay, mostly from $20-$35, with some higher exceptions.

4. Your description is lacking any information about this item.

5. Media mail is not allowed for this. Sometimes the USPS does inspect the packages for media mail

Meant as constructive criticism. Look at some of the other listings for this item and how they list it, pictures and descriptions to get a better idea.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

That item can't be shipped media mail

Have a great day.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes, your pictures really aren't that great - you should work on taking quality, in-focus photos no matter what it is you're selling. It can be hard to make your first sale with zero feedback, as this can discourage buyers - maybe consider making some cheap eBay purchases to get a history of positive buyer feedback. Also, a "no returns" policy can make buyers suspicious and turn them away without actually giving you much benefit (since you have to accept a return anyway, if the buyer claims an item is not as described).

If you're going to experiment with higher prices, then "Buy it Now" with Best Offer is a better option to choose than the auction method. With an auction you want people to hopefully bid against each other. They'll only do this if they think there's the chance of a bargain, so it's best to start low as an enticement.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

I have no idea about the price.  I can share with you that your item cannot be shipped Media Mail.  If it were me, I would offer free Priority Mail.  You get insurance with Priority Mail.

Free priority shipping would bring the profit into the negative.

The time to get rid of McFarlane KISS toys was about 15 years ago.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply