cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell the difference in ct glass and pressed glass objects?

I just discovered some glass items of my late Mother's hidden away. I need to know how to identify pressed glass items and how they differ from cut glass items? I presume the cut glass to be more valuable perhaps, but I really don't know much about either.  Can someone explain or/and provide links to help me learn? Thanks to all!

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

the edges in cut glass items are sharp, they are not in pressed or molded glass. you can always

post pictures of the items on the pottery,glass and porcelain group for more info.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you! I will try to get some pictures to post ready - now taking a break from doing taxes. So many changes this year!

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

One of the easiest tells is a seam.

Cut glass is usually more angular...pressed glass is more rounded.

Cut glass will have an edge like previous poster said.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply