cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with signature please

271-2.jpg271-3 (1).jpg271-4 (1).jpg271-5.jpgAny help is appreciated like always on who the artist may be, origin etc Happy holidays and thank you in advance. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Help with signature please

Not sure yet, but I love it. It's a Halloween bag of weirdness. There are Japanese and Mondrian elements, along with street art. The closest languages that seem to be relevant to the inscription are Italian or Latin. Or completely invented? Do you have any info on place of origin or age? 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

On the back, where was John Green's Artist Shop located?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I found a John Green Art Supplies in S.D BUT I was thinking there was no way it was done in the U.S because of I to thought it was Latin. Maybe framed there at a later date? I have no idea of age or origin and bought it on a blind because I liked how was done etc... 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Just because whatever is written on the painting is not English (seems like Latin), doesn't mean it wasn't created in the USA.  

And if it were mine I would contact the framer if still in business, in case there is information available on the artist.  

Rita

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

John Green's Artist Shop is listed in the Riverside, CA 1960 Yellow Pages at 6741 Brockton

Message 6 of 6
latest reply