1000002051.jpg

1000002057.jpg

1000002058.jpg

 Can anyone help me identify the makers mark and if it is fake

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Help on what makers mark is fake or not

大清嘉庆(regime 1796_1820)年制,fake or not,i am not able to tell you.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

because i am also nothing know about this item.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

because it says made in china, the mark is fake

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

There was a time in the history of Chinese porcelain production in the late Qing about 100/120 years ago when stamping China and Made in China was applied to satisfy changing customs export laws. This piece does not look that old but does highlight the misinformation regarding "Made in" and "China" brought about esp with current-day American collectors and dealers. Studying form, glaze application and wear can help sort all this out on a case-by-case basis. Chinese items are not all fake!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This is what a translator told me I'm not for sure if she is right or not, because I got it from a few other people too. I can find a look a like anywhere except pawn Stars lol.

Da Qing Great qing dynasty jiaqing emperor made by nian zhi

I'm not for sure?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@annden38 

If you do a google image search with google lens, the results say that this is the seal for the Jiaqing Emperor,  late 18th century, during the Qing dynasty (1644 - 1911). @waxu_93 identified some of the characters, and the name of the emperor.

lacemaker3_0-1713718616057.png

However, the Made in China mark means that this was manufactured not earlier than the late 19th or early 20th century, as @sonomabarn67 suggested. This mark was required on all pieces that were imported into the USA at that time.

Recently made ceramic items from China, often use earlier seals or dynasty marks, more as a tribute or to identify the style, than an attempt to counterfeit or deceive. This can easily lead to confusion by those who are not familiar with this.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for all your help. Now I have to figure out how to word it when I list it. Any suggestions 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply