cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a request for discounts...

Lately I have been getting requests asking me to discount some items if they buy multiples.

Is there a way to send an invoice in advance to a customer for multiple listings combined?

If not, what is the best way to tackle something like this?

Until now I have been telling them to

(1) send me the list of items in a message, then

(2) i reply with a discounted price and

(3) they should buy it at full price and I will refund the difference.

This has worked so far but I find it a bit tedious and the customer can lose interest.

Any ideas on how to handle this in a better way?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You will probably get more responses on the eBay Selling board:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/bd-p/selling-db

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It may be possible to have the buyer place items in their shopping cart then make a "request for Total" at which time you create an invoice equaling the total you offered?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@little.font.lord.leroy wrote:

It may be possible to have the buyer place items in their shopping cart then make a "request for Total" at which time you create an invoice equaling the total you offered?

The seller can only reduce the shipping cost this way. They can't reduce the selling cost of the items on an invoice. So this will only work if the reduction can be covered by reducing the shipping cost.

Also, the buyers are committed to buy the items once they send the request for invoice. Some buyers don't like doing this if they don't have a commitment to the reduction they would like to have.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply