cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you know if this is worth listing for sale?

IMG_5011.jpg

IMG_5009.jpg

  Thank u for any suggestions

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Do you know if this is worth listing for sale?

Sorry.  answered my phone and ran out of time to finish the above.

I based on my answer on your having a painted copy.  But I can't tell from the photos if it is that, or it it's a print or a reproduction.  Obviously, whatever it is seriously affects whether or not it's worth listing, as well, since this is a massively-reproduced item.

-

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Forgive me if I'm telling you what yo already know, but this is a copy of Pierre-Auguste Renoir's "Child with a Whip."  (1885, oil on canvas, original in the Hermitage.)

Whether or not it is worth listing is, I'd say,. based on how well executed it is and that's something I can\t determine based on the photos.

-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Sorry.  answered my phone and ran out of time to finish the above.

I based on my answer on your having a painted copy.  But I can't tell from the photos if it is that, or it it's a print or a reproduction.  Obviously, whatever it is seriously affects whether or not it's worth listing, as well, since this is a massively-reproduced item.

-

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

thank u @maxine*j for taking the time to answer, your posts r always so helpful.

it is only a watercolor print, plus it's most likely reproduced. I will just donate it.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You're welcome.

But just to be sure what you have: 

Have you looked at them through a loupe?   Did you see dots, which is what I suspect?   If it's a traditional, non-mechanical, lithograph, you'll see a sort of stippled pattern all over but any dots are rather small, vary somewhat in size, are in no set pattern.   If the dots are uniform in size and in a regular pattern, it's mechanical photo-offset lithograph, a mass-produced reproduction.  (The former has more value than the latter.)

If you don't see dots with the loupe, what do you see?

Or, go here for help:
http://www.graphicsatlas.org/

-

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

thank u again @maxine*j 

will let u know when i get a chance to look at it

Message 6 of 6
latest reply