cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auction for unopened cases of baseball cards were removed

My 3 cases of Topps rack cases were removed with less than 30 minutes left in the 7-day auction.  I received a “counterfeit” notice for these items I was selling that I have had for years in my attic that I purchased in the early 90’s.  they are from the 80’s and the same thing you can find on eBay regularly,  it’s really nothing special.  I am wondering why these auctions were flagged/removed by eBay.  Any help is appreciated. I would like an explanation.  The exact photos I used are posted below. This was for 3 separate auctions for 86,87,88 Topps Rack Case.  Multiple bidders and watchers,  all 3 were bid on multiple times. 
Regards

B693628D-3005-43A7-870C-3819C8FA7087.jpeg

8C29E1A5-D008-4252-8AD2-0BA350BEA5D0.jpeg

57592292-3E3E-486E-96FB-856CCB3B84B9.jpeg

B1F143D6-7E0C-4F0C-80C2-FA209E56EBB7.jpeg

835910BA-9C5C-4149-BF3C-EC7AF65BD918.jpeg

1949AFB3-FCFD-4B57-BAD9-5B5B02A52FBD.jpeg

DBCF0768-8F37-45C9-AB89-4B4705849EE9.jpeg

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Auction for unopened cases of baseball cards were removed

@jhath10 wrote:

But why remove all the auctions?  Can I relist? 

Do not relist.  You are now on eBay's radar.  If you relist, you can be permanently suspended from selling here.  I know.  Sounds unreasonable.  But it's the reality.

-

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

Thank you. eBay sent that and I already read it. the point is these are not counterfeit and were flagged as counterfeit.  I can’t get any explanation why they were removed as counterfeit when there are hundreds of them on eBay with similar pictures and less detailed explanations.  I am just confused.  I have been an eBay member since 2003 and my rating 100% with 160 stars.  I do not mass sell. I’m just a guy currently trying to clear some stuff out of my attic/garage.  It’s frustrating... 

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

OK, so you read it, but did you click on 'seller help'?

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

Yes,  just tells you that you are violating the counterfeit policy.  Then lists your items.

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

It sounds like someone knew what they were doing here.  This is just stupid.  I was trying to sell some things to help fund a kitchen remodel for my wife.

Message 20 of 33
latest reply

@jhath10, at least one of the listings violated policy, by suggesting that the lot might have a valuable card "possible". You're not allowed to do that. These listings fall under the "Chance listings" because you did not describe the actual cards that were included. It's possible that the reason you were given for the removal, didn't explain the actual problem very well.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/chance-listings-policy?id=4311

From a cached page showing one of the listings you pictured:

image.png

Message 21 of 33
latest reply

You shouldn't relist the item if it was removed by eBay, you could be suspended.  

I'd open the box and show the sealed wax packs if that's what's inside.  Hard to tell what is actually inside the box from the pictures provided.

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

@jhath10 wrote:

It sounds like someone knew what they were doing here.  This is just stupid.  I was trying to sell some things to help fund a kitchen remodel for my wife.

Yes, I think it's a shame when eBay pulls listings without detailed explanation.  And I know it is frustrating to see others selling what appear to be the same items.  But, as I said, the reality is that once you have a listing pulled it is not worth the risk to relist. 

I know for a fact that sellers have even contacted customer service, been given the go-ahead to relist, and then been suspended.  The CS reps are often misinformed, will often say what you want to hear just to get you off the line, and have little real authority. 

I hope you can find somewhere else to sell these, and I hope they do well for you.

-

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

3M will flag you every time.  Some serious proprietary technology in post-it notes apparently.  

Message 24 of 33
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@jhath10, at least one of the listings violated policy, by suggesting that the lot might have a valuable card "possible". You're not allowed to do that. These listings fall under the "Chance listings" because you did not describe the actual cards that were included. It's possible that the reason you were given for the removal, didn't explain the actual problem very well.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/chance-listings-policy?id=4311

The thing is, though, that OP was told the listing was pulled because it is counterfeit.  Isn't that odd?

And, by the way, there are current listings for these sealed cardboad boxes and they have the same violation, saying there might be this specific valuable card or that specific valuable card in one of the packs inside.  

Ah, well, there are thusands of speeders on the highways, and only a few get caught...

--

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

our baseball card (Prizm) auction was ended the other day also 30 minutes prior to the auction ending. We got the same notification.  We contacted eBay for business and found that we used the term "ready for PSA grading" in our description which was the issue.

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

They should at least explain what was wrong,  then give you a chance to correct the problem.  Especially if you have had clean track record for 18 years.

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

On eBay

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

So can never relist?  Even with a correct title/ no PSA, etc.  a month from now? 6 months? 1 year? 

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

Again, if you say "unopened cases" and you show pictures of cases that are clearly "opened" it looks like you are trying to evade eBay's policies. Also, if buyers catch that they might think "What else is he lying about"?

Message 30 of 33
latest reply