cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone recognize or familiar with is type item or mark?

No place better for real help than eBay members (whether I like it or not lol...

Got about 7 of these animal little trinket? boxes several years ago in a storage unit, gave a few away to family and friends.. This is the only one that had any kind of mark. Not sure what the composition is, but am hoping that someone recognizes the mark as maker or just export? They're pretty nice little boxes...

thanks for any help in advance...!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Anyone recognize or familiar with is type item or mark?

My first thought was Japanese carved ivory, but I assmume you can tell the difference between ivory and a ceramic because the rather bad picture of the mark looks like a European style crown to me.

Re-taking the mark picture better lit might help as would more idea of the material.

=============================================================
af," a reduntant, uneducated, diatribe spouting fool."
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Chinese resin copy/fabrication/mash up of an antique for the gift trade market. You can buy items like this in gift related venues, even on board cruise ships.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yes, I can't see putting an ivory box in a storage unit!
Janet
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The mark belongs to a company called "Harmony Kingdom."   They usually also have a paper label giving that information, plus some of their boxes have names, given on the label.

They are a manufacturer of decorative boxes,  cast from crushed marble and resin.   They are not imitations of oriental items, but just decorative boxes with a variety of themes.   I'm sure you can find some information about the company online.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

For comparison, one of their cast boxes with label and mark (usually found on the bottom of the lid):

TJICE00E.jpg

Message 6 of 6
latest reply