cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

36 year old Italy vacation photo album; sell all together or individually?

I have a photo album that has all the photos from a vacation to Italy an elderly couple took in 1987. I count about 212 photos all together in this album, plus there are other things like dining invitations, hotel receipts, and travel tickets in this album as well. All of this is in one album with a name tag sticker with the name of one of the travelers given by the tour company they went with.

My question is should I sell the photos individually or should I sell the entire album as it is? I am not sure what the best course of action would be because on one hand this is this couples entire trip in this one album and I kind of feel bad breaking it up. On the other hand though, there are specific photos that I feel would do very well on their own (the coliseum, cityscapes, natural landscapes, cars, Pompeii, art at art museums, a random woman in a bikini, etc). Also keep in mind that these photos aren't terribly old being from 1987 and are your pretty standard 5x3.5" color photos that you would take with a typical point & shoot camera of the time.

Also, do you think this should be auction or fixed price. 99% of what I usually sell I list as fixed price, but would be willing to go the auction route if it was worthwhile.

So, what do you think I should do?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: 36 year old Italy vacation photo album; sell all together or individually?

I would sell it all as one item.

Would probably do it as an auction, with the starting bid, at the lowest price you are willing to let it go for.

Have you checked Sold listings for anything comparable?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I have, most of what I have found is older photos and haven't found anything comparable yet, but I'll keep looking.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Biggy just stole my question. Are other people's grandparents holiday photos an active category? What do they sell for? Do some research  before doing all the work of listing. Check sold items. Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply