cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fees and mangled payments

just sold my first listings since mangled payments became a thing...

13.25% FVF... kinda figured it would be around that as that's about how much ebay and paypal fees were combined...

but... they also charge FVF on the freaking sales tax... i suppose they see that as how they pay for the extra costs required to compute/remit the tax to the states... 

i remember back when they started charging FVF for the shipping cost because they couldn't figure out how else to combat shysters selling things for one cent but charging exorbitant shipping to avoid FVFs...

and to top it off, i won't have my money for two weeks... meanwhile they get to hold onto it and make interest...

what a freaking deal for me...

yep... it's as mangled as i figured it would be... that's why i haven't sold anything for years...

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Just like Pay Pal and other payment processors, the fee's are based on the total amount the buyer pays.

No, they don't earn any interest.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

They might be holding the money in an interest bearing account. Now that they might earn 5% per annum. But I doubt it is worth the extra effort, since most sellers can have daily transfers to their banks.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply