cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

It should be a breach of ebay's policies and 'contract' of a seller who advertises for a best offer and then doesn't even acknowledge one !! That seems fraudulent to me. Certainly it is unethical & I won't shop with a seller who does that

Message 1 of 107
latest reply
106 REPLIES 106

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

It's none of those things.

However, you are free to discontinue doing business with any seller for any reason.

Message 2 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

When did you send the Offer? 

Sellers have several options regarding offers.

Accept it

Decline it

Send a counter offer

Ignore it

The seller has the final say if they will sell to you or not. It is their item. 
Offers expire after 48 hours so a seller has that long to decide.  
A breach of policy....hardly. There's no policy that says a seller must respond to your offer. 

Message 3 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

Ebay extends the exact same courtesy that ebooksdiva detailed here, to YOU as well, when a seller sends an offer. 

There's no fraud or unethical circumstance.  You're free to shop wherever you wish.

Message 4 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

I have read on these boards where sellers suddenly discover "best offer" has been added to their listings.

They didn't do it, didn't want it etc.

So sometimes when you are ignored, it could be because they really didn't do "best offer" in the first place.  The great almighty eBay decided to stick it on there.

The offers you have made - that were ignored - what sort of per cent less are you offering.  Occasionally some sellers will ignore an offers that represent more than 50% off.  Some have higher levels of acceptance - offers must be at least 30% off.  The 75% off offers are considered an insult and frequently get ignored.

Message 5 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

Most sellers are open to negotiating and will respond to reasonable offers. However, they may ignore offers that are unreasonably low or unrealistic. 

Message 6 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

There are no "Best Offers". There is 'Make An Offer".

Some offers deserve no response, and Ebay does not require a response of the seller.

Many sellers do not enable Make An Offer and many buyers who are addicted to the practices of the souk ignore that fact.

Some sellers who appear to be ignoring an offer do take action - they block the buyer from purchasing from them. Notification of that is not required either.

Message 7 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

Make an offer can become the default without being noticed.  

Message 8 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

Hi @aben7154 

‘Ignoring offers’ is neither unethical, fraudulent, nor against eBay policies.  It is one of the options eBay specifically has given sellers.

‘Not shopping with sellers who ignore your offers’ is certainly one of your options.

Message 9 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

I can't help but notice this post was made on a Sunday afternoon. Some sellers don't work all weekend.

Message 10 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

GETY OFF MY L:AWN! Screamed all the sellers who think buyers should worship the ground they walk on. Please folks, keep making excuses why sellers mess around playing games and are not serious about selling anything. At some point eBay is going to "remedy" sellers like this and shut off ALL of their traffic. There are WAY more ticked off buyers who leave and don't come back, then there are those who want to play stupid clown games. If you don't want to take offer, great. Don't list that way. The seller is 100% responsible to check the listing over for accuracy before they hit submit. It's the sellers JOB to make sure it is accurate. I give NO seller any leniency because they didn't "know" offers were on. 

Message 11 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

I had one item that I listed late at night. I probably priced it too low because I received four offers by the time I woke up seven hours later the next morning. I figured I'd let the multiple offers sit because some of the offers were almost near my "Buy It Now" price, and I figured that someone will buy it with the "Buy it Now" price sooner or later. Sure enough someone bought it at the "Buy It Now" price several more hours later when I was getting ready to have my lunch. 

Another item that has been listed for over a month received an offer that was $5.00 below my "Buy It Now" price. I said ok time to sell and make $5.00 less for it. I tried to accept the offer but eBay rejected it because it was no longer in stock. Lo and behold, another buyer purchased it at the "Buy It Now" price at the same exact second that I was willing to sell it for $5.00 less.

So to me as a seller that always offers "Make An Offer", the "BEST OFFER" is always my "Buy It Now" price! Please note that I do respond to offers before they expire, but not when someone else buys it before I can respond.

And my feedback for those "Buy It Now" buyers will be ... "Prompt Payment! Smooth Transaction! A+++++ Buyer!"

Message 12 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

You are making a lot of assumptions.

There is no evidence there is anything wrong with the listing.

There is nothing wrong with ignoring an offer, responding isn't REQUIRED.

There is nothing wrong with denying an offer, accepting isn't REQUIRED.

Ignoring and denying offers is perfectly acceptable, if you'd like clarification about that I'd recommend you contact eBay. 🙂

Message 13 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

If a buyer offers less than 50%, I'll respond..."Thanks for your interest, but offering 50% off my listed price is hardly a fair offer".  Sometimes I'll counter, most times I won't. Usually, I'll block the "buyer".

Message 14 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

Sellers only have 2 obligations.  #1 - package properly & ship the items when they are paid for.  #2 - make sure that item is exactly what the buyers bought.  Most of my listings have sold through the offer process.  Any low offers are declined or ignored.  If I received an offer soon after listing it, sometimes I'll wait to see if my item has drawn enough interest that someone will use the 'buy it now' option quickly.

Message 15 of 107
latest reply