cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nothing happens when I hit buy it now or add to watchlist?

I have been using Ebay for years with 100% positive feedback.Last few days I can't buy any item or add anything to my watchlist. I get  "It's not you, our server is down" but no one else is having any problems.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Have you tried a different browser or a phone app?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or try accessing eBay from a different browser or device and if the issue persists, it might be related to your account specifically. And do try logging out and logging back in...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@cobiacatch,

There have been times when some regions of the country have had server outage issues, but most didn't last more than a day, and there haven't been any recent reports of that happening, posted here. 

I did just check the report technical issues board, and see others have had some recent issues.  The top topic on that board has answers to reported issues posted yesterday. Open the link below.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/bd-p/technicalissues-db

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks;I have done all these things but still can't purchase or add to watchlist. Even removed and reinstalled my credit info.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Some users of older Mac OS (10 or 11) were having problems recently, but at least some of those users report things are working once again, so you may want to retry adding an item to your Watch List to see if you can now.

If not, try another browser or another device.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply