cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leaving ebay after poor seller experience

After a few years and about 40 good purchases I will now be leaving ebay - it only takes one bad one.

Paypal may well be collateral, we will see - buyers do not lose money easily.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Well what exactly happened, more details will help us understand your issue?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Did you start a return through Ebay or just ship the lens back to the seller.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@ajw2-4004 

This is about the camera lens?  Did you actually open a case with ebay, or just ship it back to the seller on good faith?  The MBG would cover you on the former, but if you acted outside of ebay's return guidelines, you're pretty much on your own as far as this site is concerned.   

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

on my own or will paypal help - If I take a haircut on this so be it - but I don't use again , ever.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Sounds like you did a return outside of eBay policy. 

The eBay Money Back Guarantee is solid but you have to follow the procedures. Easy peasy. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/return-item-refund?id=4041

Same here as with any other online venue. Buyers have to follow the return procedures. 

Posting ID
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@ajw2-4004 wrote:

on my own or will paypal help - If I take a haircut on this so be it - but I don't use again , ever.

If or when you file with PayPal,  that will take eBay completely out of the picture. If you have your return tracking back to the seller documented and can send to PayPal,  you might have a chance there.

Posting ID
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@ajw2-4004,

If you did not file an Item Not As Described (INAD)  dispute through ebay they have no way of knowing if you sent the item back to the seller, so they would not be able to help you through regular channels. If you have a postal receipt that has tracking information, you should be able to get a refund, but how you contact ebay in the U.K. is not something we in the U.S. know how to do.

Use the link below and post your issue on your home site's community. Someone there will tell you the best way to get in touch with ebay through the U.K. site. 

https://community.ebay.co.uk/

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 8
latest reply