cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay seller not canceling order and not replying to my messages.

Hello. I recently placed a bid on an auction, but after I won it and went to pay for it, I noticed that the shipping price has increased by a lot since I last saw it. Because if this, I decided not to pay for it. It was too late to ask the seller to cancel my order so I sent the seller a message asking them to cancel my order. It has been two days since I asked them to cancel my order and they still haven't cancelled it. They aren't even responding to my messages. How can I get them to cancel my order? Can I open up an item not received case after the estimated delivery date has passed? Can I ask eBay to step in?

Also, what will happen if the seller doesn't cancel my order? I've never gotten an unpaid item strike, before. If I get a strike on my account, can I appeal it since it'd be my first strike? What if the seller set it so their orders don't automatically get cancelled after four days? Will it sit in my cart forever or will it get removed from my cart?

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: eBay seller not canceling order and not replying to my messages.

@*lady*madonna* wrote:

@codu-3879 

Just FYI...sellers can see your feedback left for sellers, plus your bid retraction numbers, plus your postings in the community and decide to place you on their Blocked Buyer List.

Shhh... If I didn't see his original post I'd never know... How is this user allowed to be still on the platform? 

Message 76 of 80
latest reply

Because eBay hasn’t cared about bid retractions in a long time.

Showing how many bids were retracted in a buyer’s profile, like feedback left for them, is a remnant of the past, when such metrics meant anything and were used by eBay to ensure a member’s account complied with eBay policy.

Message 77 of 80
latest reply

1144 as of today.   🙄

[This thread popped up on my phone while using the Back Arrow … so I thought I’d peek in.  It only exasperated me.]  

Message 78 of 80
latest reply

But, but, but what happened to "I'll try my best to stop retracting so many bids and learn to use different methods if I'm interested in an item"? 😂😅🙄

Message 79 of 80
latest reply

In a few weeks I expect they'll have a big cake with 2000 candles on it.

Message 80 of 80
latest reply