cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay seller not canceling order and not replying to my messages.

Hello. I recently placed a bid on an auction, but after I won it and went to pay for it, I noticed that the shipping price has increased by a lot since I last saw it. Because if this, I decided not to pay for it. It was too late to ask the seller to cancel my order so I sent the seller a message asking them to cancel my order. It has been two days since I asked them to cancel my order and they still haven't cancelled it. They aren't even responding to my messages. How can I get them to cancel my order? Can I open up an item not received case after the estimated delivery date has passed? Can I ask eBay to step in?

Also, what will happen if the seller doesn't cancel my order? I've never gotten an unpaid item strike, before. If I get a strike on my account, can I appeal it since it'd be my first strike? What if the seller set it so their orders don't automatically get cancelled after four days? Will it sit in my cart forever or will it get removed from my cart?

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: eBay seller not canceling order and not replying to my messages.

@bennotbill wrote:

The only point/reason I can think of for so many retractions is a habit of placing a high bid just to reveal other bidders current maxes.....

I think the OP mentioned that he just changes his mind a lot. Apparently he bids first and thinks later.

Message 61 of 80
latest reply

OP needs to learn what the watchlist is for.  😼

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 62 of 80
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@bennotbill wrote:

The only point/reason I can think of for so many retractions is a habit of placing a high bid just to reveal other bidders current maxes.....

I think the OP mentioned that he just changes his mind a lot. Apparently he bids first and thinks later.

Nearly 1,000 times in a year - that's a lot of financial commitment on which to change ones mind.

I, too, am interested to learn why exactly @codu-3879 retracts bids and requests cancellations so frequently. Is it a bidding strategy, an attempt to reveal others' max bids, an excessive amount of mind changing, a desire to play games, a competitor in disguise trying to mess with other sellers' auctions, a gambling addiction of a sort, someone bidding on multiples of the same item and waiting to see which ones they think they can get for the lowest price?

Perhaps if the reason is revealed we can offer suggestions other than, "don't do that," to encourage this buyer to change their behavior. As krazzykats mentioned, if this is about mind changing or if it's about bidding first and reading descriptions later, then the watch list would be a useful tool to avoid the excessive bid retractions.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 63 of 80
latest reply

I cancelled with in 6   minutes and picked another item he had listed for sale ' He refused me and never returned my three emails. what can       I do?       

Ron Coy

Message 64 of 80
latest reply

@xmpj7620 wrote:

I cancelled with in 6   minutes and picked another item he had listed for sale ' He refused me and never returned my three emails. what can       I do?       

Ron Coy

Find another seller and don't cancel orders.

Have a great day
Message 65 of 80
latest reply

Here's feedback OP left at least twice in the past month:

"The seller is great and understanding. The item that I received had problems and when I contacted the seller and requested a full refund, they quickly gave me a full refund."

Wow.....

Message 66 of 80
latest reply

And we hit 940…

Message 67 of 80
latest reply

Let us all bow our heads in remembrance of OP’s 1003 retracted bids this year, 69 of them since OP promised to curtail their retraction habit less than 2 weeks ago…

Message 68 of 80
latest reply

@gone.c-33 EDIT: Let us all bow our heads in remembrance of OP’s 1003  1004 retracted bids this year, 69 of them since OP promised to curtail their retraction habit less than 2 weeks ago…

🙂

Message 69 of 80
latest reply

Buyers like this are the reason eBay needs to start booting people with excessive numbers of bid retractions. That's apparently the only thing that will stop them.

Message 70 of 80
latest reply

I know some will say it’s better that a buyer retracts their bid than become a non paying bidder but that many retractions is wrecking so many sellers’ auctions… feels like bid shielding or something…

Message 71 of 80
latest reply

@68barbie wrote:

@gone.c-33 EDIT: Let us all bow our heads in remembrance of OP’s 1003  1004 retracted bids this year, 69 of them since OP promised to curtail their retraction habit less than 2 weeks ago…

🙂

It's 1006 now

Have a great day
Message 72 of 80
latest reply

It's 1006 now

Two more in one day?! 😱😲 One wonders how many there would be had the OP not learned his lesson. 😂😄🙄

Message 73 of 80
latest reply

That’s almost 4 retractions per day, maybe more since the retractions older than 12 months drop off the total…

Even when I was very active participating in auctions vs making more offers/Buy It Now purchases, I don’t think I placed that many bids per day…

Message 74 of 80
latest reply

@codu-3879 wrote:

If the seller didn't want me to leave neutral feedback, they can request me to revise my feedback and I'll do it.

Seven hours... Sorry but there is ZERO reason to leave feedback after only that short of time. You handled the situation incorrectly. You are trying to use your feedback to leverage the seller and that is SO wrong.

Message 75 of 80
latest reply