cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay seller not canceling order and not replying to my messages.

Hello. I recently placed a bid on an auction, but after I won it and went to pay for it, I noticed that the shipping price has increased by a lot since I last saw it. Because if this, I decided not to pay for it. It was too late to ask the seller to cancel my order so I sent the seller a message asking them to cancel my order. It has been two days since I asked them to cancel my order and they still haven't cancelled it. They aren't even responding to my messages. How can I get them to cancel my order? Can I open up an item not received case after the estimated delivery date has passed? Can I ask eBay to step in?

Also, what will happen if the seller doesn't cancel my order? I've never gotten an unpaid item strike, before. If I get a strike on my account, can I appeal it since it'd be my first strike? What if the seller set it so their orders don't automatically get cancelled after four days? Will it sit in my cart forever or will it get removed from my cart?

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: eBay seller not canceling order and not replying to my messages.

Guessing that when you are looking/searching for things that it thinks you are in a different location; you need to click any item, scroll down, click the shipping tab, and input your zip code- then the 'shipping' will show correctly for ALL items you look at going forward.

Know that

1.) sellers CANNOT change the shipping cost once an item is bid- but they can give 'variations' to shipping, which you may have chosen?

2.) sellers do NOT have to cancel- but you can open a 'refund' if they take refunds or

3.) just not pay and take the hit (no, there is NO appeal or legit reason for a buyer to 'bid' or 'buy' and then not pay, including this 'shipping thing' as again, it probably did NOT change until you bid and it calc'd your real location.

Message 2 of 80
latest reply

That's a lot of questions. I'll take a stab at it...

1) How can I get them to cancel my order?  A: You can't.
2) Can I open up an item not received case after the estimated delivery date has passed?  A: Yes.
3) Can I ask eBay to step in?  A: Yes.
4) Also, what will happen if the seller doesn't cancel my order?  A: You're expected to pay for it.
5) If I get a strike on my account, can I appeal it since it'd be my first strike?  A: No.
6) What if the seller set it so their orders don't automatically get cancelled after four days?  A: It doesn't matter.

I have a question for you. Could you expand on the difference in the shipping costs you speak of?

Message 3 of 80
latest reply

As noted in the other post, the most likely reason for the different shipping costs is that the shipping calculator was using one ZIP Code for your location when you looked at the listing, but a different ZIP Code on the payment invoice page.  It is not possible for the seller to make any changes in the shipping after the auction has  a bid.

One nonpayment strike will have no effect on your eBay account nor on your ability to buy/ bid on other listings.  But if you get a second one, you'll find yourself automatically blocked by many sellers.

The seller has up to 30 days to cancel the transaction based on either nonpayment or "Buyer requested"; then the item will disappear from your payments page.

Message 4 of 80
latest reply

@codu-3879 

99 cent item 

only option for shipping was UPS expedited

were you using a mobile device 

There have been reported errors for incorrect shipping charges displayed on mobile devices.

ETA    listing shows a revision for "description", but no shipping revisions.

Message 5 of 80
latest reply

Why are you leaving sellers neutral feedback when they cancel orders as requested?

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 6 of 80
latest reply

Yikes, that "Feedback left" history is scary!  

Especially the most recent neutral, with a long comment which is apparently about the transaction in question on this thread, which ended with: "As of writing this, it has been seven hours and the seller still hasn't cancelled my order, yet."  Seven hours!  

The  OP probably doesn't realize that by leaving that neutral rating, they virtually guaranteed that the seller would wait and file an unpaid-item cancellation, to ensure that the feedback would be removed.

Message 7 of 80
latest reply

Why leave neutrals when the sellers cancel as you asked?

I expect the latest seller has seen all those neutrals so is waiting the full four days.

Message 8 of 80
latest reply

@codu-3879 wrote:

Can I open up an item not received case after the estimated delivery date has passed? Can I ask eBay to step in?

This would only be possible if you paid for the item and never received it.

If you don't pay, you CANNOT open INR and there's no reason for ebay to step in. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 80
latest reply

If the seller didn't want me to leave neutral feedback, they can request me to revise my feedback and I'll do it.

Message 10 of 80
latest reply

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

Why are you leaving sellers neutral feedback when they cancel orders as requested?

Know what's interesting? Although all those sellers who canceled at the buyer's request got neutral feedbacks, a seller who canceled for OOS got a positive! 

Go figure. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 11 of 80
latest reply

I'm sure that the seller would just rather send me a request to revise my feedback. I never realized that leaving neutral feedback for that reason is wrong.

Message 12 of 80
latest reply

@codu-3879 wrote:

If the seller didn't want me to leave neutral feedback, they can request me to revise my feedback and I'll do it.

You do realize that feedback extortion is disallowed, right? 

albertabrightalberta

Message 13 of 80
latest reply

@codu-3879 wrote:

I never realized that leaving neutral feedback for that reason is wrong.

You're a seller! How would you feel if one of your buyers did this to you? 

albertabrightalberta

Message 14 of 80
latest reply

I didn't know that was an example of feedback extortion.

Message 15 of 80
latest reply