cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay said we cannot help you with refund money of shipping label for returned NOD item.

eBay said I have to sent the item back using my own shipping label if the seller did not provide it. I follow eBay instructions. And now the seller did not return me shipping money. I think I have right to ask eBay to resolve the problem.

I asked eBay about it and customer service told me they can't help me.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

eBay said we cannot help you with refund money of shipping label for returned NOD item.

Its depends how you opened a claim...opened as "item not as described" in a "30 days from receiving it"?

Using a seller eBay shipping label for a return would solve the problem.

Using some other form of return shipping...plus when it was supposed to be returned on a said date...too many questions we do not know.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

If the seller was supposed to pay return shipping, you have to get it up front.

If you paid it, there's nothing Ebay will do if the seller doesn't pay you back.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

If you paid it, there's nothing Ebay will do if the seller doesn't pay you back.

I follow eBay instructions.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@pene90776 wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

Sometimes CS doesn't give the correct instructions.

Was the seller from China?

Have a great day
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

Was the seller from China?

No. From East Europe.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@pene90776,

When you file an item not as described (NAD) dispute, for an item bought from a foreign seller, they cannot purchase and send you a return shipping label.  In some cases ebay will provide one, but in others, you have to pay for the return label with tracking, and then upload a scan or clear photo of the postal receipt, to the dispute. Then ebay will make sure you are reimbursed for the return shipping cost once the item is delivered to the seller.  If you still have a postage receipt, you can try uploading it to the dispute if it is still open.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@pene90776 wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

ise710_0-1713613434020.jpeg

Although there has never been, or even now the ability for a buyer to 

upload a scan or clear photo of the postal receipt, to the dispute 

showing eBay you have paid for the return label with tracking 

ebay [sic] will make sure you are reimbursed for the return 

shipping cost once the item is delivered to the seller 

go ahead @pene90776 and upload your postal receipt to the dispute.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

upload your postal receipt to the dispute.

There's no dispute there. I don't have the ability to open a dispute.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@ise710 wrote:

@pene90776 wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

ise710_0-1713613434020.jpeg

Although there has never been, or even now the ability for a buyer to 

upload a scan or clear photo of the postal receipt, to the dispute 

showing eBay you have paid for the return label with tracking 

ebay [sic] will make sure you are reimbursed for the return 

shipping cost once the item is delivered to the seller 

go ahead @pene90776 and upload your postal receipt to the dispute.

No they wont.

They might ask the seller to reimburse the buyer, but they won't force them to.

That's why you get the return shipping up front.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

You 100% always wait for cash in hand before shipping a return back - if no label is available. You package it up, as for the return address, take it to the post office & get a screen shot of the display showing the service cost options. Send that picture to the seller via ebay message & ask them which they want to provide funds for service.

Then you wait. If no funds appear in x days, you escalate & ebay does its thing - usually allowing you to keep & get a refund due to failure of seller to produce.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply