cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay not letting me open dispute item not received

I paid may 27.  The seller keeps getting negative feedback because they didn’t ship any items. My estimated date keeps getting pushed back.  Was originally June 8. I really need my money back. Any help much appreciated 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Not sure how your estimated delivery date could be getting pushed back.

If the last estimated delivery date was June 8th as seen in the original listing, you can open an item not received case today.

Have you read eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers?  

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@xidiotbox2012x,

You keep seeing the date get pushed back, because you are opening the listing page, not the Order Details page. when you open a  listing in your purchase history, the estimated delivery time shown is if you bought the item today. 

Click on the More actions box,  a list will appear, select I Didn't  Receive It, and go from there.  The seller will have 3 days to reply with a tracking number or to issue a refund. If they do not, on day 4 you ask ebay to step in, and they will issue the refund.

You buy from a lot of sellers who have yellow and blue stars and not many feedback. You need to check their feedback profile page and click on the As a seller tab, to see how many sales they have actually made. They could have a fair number of feedback but if it is all or mostly for buying, there could be problems because of their inexperience.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Appreciate the attempts but neither of these help.  If anyone has seen this before please lmk

not new to eBay and these answers were the basic things a first time buyer should be able to figure out 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

What is the ORIGINAL estimated delivery date you were given when you paid (check your "Order confirmation" email).  That is the date that eBay is supposed to go by in determining when the 30 days starts and ends, not the one in your Purchase History which can change earlier or later once a tracking number is uploaded and the carrier gives estimates.  At least that's what I was told when I raised the question a few months ago in a forum monitored by eBay employees who ran it up the chain of command and got back that answer. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Are you vetting your sellers and looking at their feedback before buying?

How many cases have you opened recently?

Don't  know why you can't  open a case if it's  past the latest expected delivery date.  Have you lost buyer protection for opening too many cases in a short period of time?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hi @xidiotbox2012x   

IF you haven’t received any tracking info … AND you cannot file an INR case with eBay … THEN file a chargeback with your credit card company.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Try going to Help&Contact at the top menu of the eBay page, then in the 'Search eBay Help...' Box type in I didn't receive it. Select the 'Get help with an item that hasn't arrived' link and it should show you a list of recently purchased items. Hopefully the item shows up in that list.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply