cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay not a good venue anymore for buying

I have been buying and selling on eBay for more than 20 years.

I have a few gripes that really bug me.

I have always gone to eBay to purchase items but that is over. I have always recommended eBay to my friends and acquaintances. Frequently I have found the prices on eBay higher then lets say Amazon for one. Not by a little but by a lot. Last week I priced an item on eBay at $17.95 plus and the exact same item was $9.95 on  Amazon AND same day shipping included. Now that's a big difference. I think I know what causing this and I'm putting this idea out there. It's the selling fees -they are too high. Sellers, and I am one too, are being charged exorbitant fees to sell on eBay and in order for them to end up with some sort of profit they must add these fees to their product. You can check any item and you will see that Amazon sellers are more competitive than eBay. Then sellers will get hit with penalties if they have even a single complaint. They call this a defect and this gives them the excuse to tack on additional fees to the seller.  And then there is Temu. Prices are unbelievable cheap and they are reputable. But my main complaint is with eBay. I don't think I will give then any more business than I have to. After being with them for more than 20 years, I am not going to check them first to buy but instead I will check them last. Also, as a seller, they will hold a defect against you for a year and put your shop on the back burner so you don't do any business at all. That's how they treat a long time customer. If an item is mishandled, lost or broken in transit by the USPS-I get the blame and punished with additional fees for something I had no control of. And they keep the seller's fees high forever too.  Also, they allow buyers to rip you off which I have been a victim of. I will not give them any more of my business and I could care less about my selling on eBay too.

That's all I have to say right now.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ok thanks for sharing. 
But looking at your Profile I can see your still here selling… well ok then. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

What is causing it is the seller is probably selling it here at a jacked up price, then buying it on Amazon to send to their customers, which is not allowed.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 3
latest reply